123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A new 20" iMac!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Desktops
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: A new 20" iMac! Reply with quote

I now finally managed to upgrade to a 20" Core 2 Duo iMac, and I finally have a Mac that can wipe the floor with my previous Mac Mini. I love it!
TyPod
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the new Machine!
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky mofo Laughing JK Laughing

Nice Mac.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats!!! I got one for myself for X'mas too. It is pretty fast in comparison to my QS 733 and QS 867. I still have a few days left, should I exchange it for the 24"?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blam wrote:
Congrats!!! I got one for myself for X'mas too. It is pretty fast in comparison to my QS 733 and QS 867. I still have a few days left, should I exchange it for the 24"?

If you need the bigger screen, exchange it, otherwise, don't bother.

I must agree. This iMac makes my Mac Mini look like a 486 in comparison. It works great for GarageBand recording and quite a lot more that has made it a great computer for me.
TyPod
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

7031 wrote:
blam wrote:

I must agree. This iMac makes my Mac Mini look like a 486 in comparison. It works great for GarageBand recording and quite a lot more that has made it a great computer for me.

Jeez. Your making the mini sound like a piece of junk! But i'm sure that the 20" iMac is a big speed boost!
bibamus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a new 20" just before Christmas too, a replacement for my Mini 1.42 PPC.
Very impressed with it, the most noticeable speed increase is in iPhoto, which, with almost 2000 4mb photos in, loads the whole library in less than a couple of seconds. All the native iLife applications load quicker, but MS Office 2004 and Photoshop CS2 seem about the same. I assume this is because Rosetta is doing its stuff.
But, the biggest thing for me are its looks, and the fact that I have been able to get rid of so much clutter.
Boot Camp / parallels has allowed me to ditch the PC and KVM switch. 250gb HDD and superdrive mean I no longer need the extra firewire HDD or dvd rewriter. Loads of cables under the desk have gone too.
Amnd the built in iSight meant I could sell my iSight at a tidy profit because Apple dont seem to sell them anymore.

Anyway, time for some serious drinking to see the new year in.
Happy New Year to all on these Forums.
Allan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TyPod wrote:
7031 wrote:
blam wrote:

Jeez. Your making the mini sound like a piece of junk! But i'm sure that the 20" iMac is a big speed boost!

Don't worry. I had a G4.
TyPod
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7031 wrote:
TyPod wrote:
7031 wrote:
blam wrote:

Don't worry. I had a G4.

My friend has a 20" iMac C2D also, and yowza it is nice and fast.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TyPod wrote:
7031 wrote:
TyPod wrote:
7031 wrote:
blam wrote:

Don't worry. I had a G4.

My friend has a 20" iMac C2D also, and yowza it is nice and fast.

I find it works great for recording with my PODxt. I also do a bit of stopmotion from time to time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Desktops All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: