123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Changing an ipod hard drive?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kbulava
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Changing an ipod hard drive? Reply with quote

I found a tutorial on how to swap out a hard drive in the ipod video. i was thinking of getting a 30gb apple ipod however if the video feature turns out to be better than i expect i'd like to make the hdd larger more than likely. especially since i recently read that there is a new 100gb ipod compatible hdd announced. are the current 30gb and 80gb models identical in size? i suppose i could go to best buy and see for myself but i just figured i'd see if anyone knows off hand. before i have to make a trip.
Pleiades
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the 80GB iPods are thicker than the 30GB models, I would guess than the 100GB drives that Toshiba announced may only fit the 80GB size iPods.
kbulava
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ClunkClunk wrote:
Since the 80GB iPods are thicker than the 30GB models.

Okay that's exactly what I was wondering. Either way I'm til macworld before I do anything, but I wanted to get the 30gb and later upgrade IF i needed to, but i had to make sure theyd be enough room inside that ipod, i guess not.
Pleiades
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It probably would be less money to buy a 30GB, figure out if it works for you, and if not, sell it, and buy an 80GB or whatever is top of the line at the time.

Either that, or just go for the big one to start with. It's only a $100 difference, and would save you from second guessing yourself later. I doubt you could have upgraded a 30GB to 80GB (or 100GB) for less than the money that it would cost to just buy the larger one in the first place.
kbulava
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for sure, yeah im thinkin i might just grab an 80gb or whatever apple comes out with at macworlds thats top of the line, ive been hearing rumors about bluetooth wireless headphones so i dont want to get an ipod that doesnt have that capability built in if its gonna be out soon.
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: another option Reply with quote

Look for someplace with the 60GB on sale as long as you don't mind less battery life.

"When history is forgotten people don't realize when it repeats."

Going to Missouri S&T!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPods All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: