123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I break my Mac Mini temperature sensor, please help!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Upgrading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hide5b2a

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: I break my Mac Mini temperature sensor, please help!!! Reply with quote

I tried to upgrade the CPU of my Mini, but I break the cord of the temperature sensor and now I kind of messed up it.
I am not able to solder it on.
Can any here help me to take out the temperature sensor and read the exact no. of the IC so I can order it online?
The fan is spinning at full speed all time now, please hlep.
Thank You.
offa_broadway

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea. But on the bright side, your fan is cranked up and running. At least your Mini won't cook. Cool

MacBook Core2Duo 2.0/1Gb Superdrive
MacMini CoreDuo 1.66/Superdrive - Sold
Logitech Z4-i Sound System
iPod Nano 1Gb, Black
serpent
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unfortunatly the mac mini service source book does not provide a part number for that sensor. maybe you can compare it to the HDD sensor which is mounted to the internal frame and plugged into the motheboard next to the battery. if that sensor is the same, its part # is: 922-7319.
good luck!

Serpent
nukemm

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

offa_broadway wrote:
I have no idea. But on the bright side, your fan is cranked up and running. At least your Mini won't cook. Cool

Now you could think of it like a PC, although the Mini fan running full blast is still quieter than my PC box running at idle! You just lose the sexiness of the little silent box...
bmille05

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an iMac that I destroyed the heat sensor attached to the HD bracket. I just went to a local Apple repair shop and it cost $15 for the sensor and another $15 for the 2" cable. I'm sure they are the same sensors used.

Good luck!
Intel MacBook
Intel Core Duo Mac Mini 1.83GHZ 2GB RAM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Upgrading All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: