123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DarwiinRemote turns Wii Remote into Apple Remote
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOCOMRAIDER wrote:
I think the Wiimote thing is overblown. Plus most of those people are people who just don't pay attention to the warnings. There are warnings before every game is played.

They had a story on our local news about these Wiimote incidents and mentioned this website. They have some funny stuff on it.

This one is a little hard to swallow.

http://www.wiihaveaproblem.com/show_article.php?id=53

Last edited by devo on Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, I don't understand how these people are swinging their remotes as crazy as they are. Even my little brother doesn't swing it around all crazily. Plus he has small hands. Difference between him and the rest, he knows HOW TO HOLD ONTO SOMETHING Laughing
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOCOMRAIDER wrote:
Again, I don't understand how these people are swinging their remotes as crazy as they are. Even my little brother doesn't swing it around all crazily. Plus he has small hands. Difference between him and the rest, he knows HOW TO HOLD ONTO SOMETHING Laughing

Dude, there are some spastic people out there. Then there are others looking for a quick buck or fame. It's just getting blown up. But I have to admit, the strap on the Wiimote looks mighty thin. I wonder if anyone has scientifically measured the force it takes to break one.
ottmar

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe people are actually seriously considering lawsuits, the damn thing has a wrist strap for Pete's sake!!! Shocked
22" Samsung T220
Apple Keyboard
4GB iPod nano
ranger1021

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ottmar wrote:
I can't believe people are actually seriously considering lawsuits, the damn thing has a wrist strap for Pete's sake!!! Shocked

Who's Petes Sake?
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Anyway, I agree. Some people don't know how to control themselves. It's kind of sad Crying or Very sad
andym

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

built my own sensor bar with 4 ir emitting led's and some batteries.
The IR mode now works a treat. The mouse control is so much better.
I will probably upgrade to 2 blocks of 5 led's a la wii sensor and that should be perfect.
Anyone know of an onscreen keyboard prog??
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those of you looking for an LED thing to control the mouse use of the Wiimote. This is for you, especially those who don't want to make their own.

http://www.wirelesssensorbar.com/

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BE WARNED-DO NOT ORDER FROM WIRELESSSENSORBAR.COM !!
I paid for a wireless sensor bar by e-cheque on the 12 December. The payment cleared on the 22nd December. I received nothing from the seller, so I sent an email on the 30th December asking for confirmation of the order and a dispatch date. I had no response to this so I sent a further email on the 5th January, again asking for order confirmation and delivery status. I finally received a response on the 10th January, apologising and saying there had been an oversight and saying the sensor bar would be dispatched by the 12th January at the latest. I replied straight away, thanking them for the information. To my surprise I had a further email on the 18th January explaining again why the sensor bar had not shipped previously and asking me to confirm whether or not it had been arrived and they would send one ship one as quickly as possible. This clearly implied they had not dispatched by the 12th Jan as had previously been promised. I replied the same day confirming I had not received the item and asking for dispatch ASAP.
As I received no response to this, I sent another email on the 24th Jan, asking them to confirm the position by return. I have received no response to this either. I sent further emails on the 28th January and the 1st and 9th February asking for delivery of the item or my money back. I have had no response to any of these.
I strongly recommend you do not order from wirelesssensorbar.com as you risk this man taking your money, not delivering the item and ignoring your correspondence, just as happened to me.
I reluctantly accept that my money is lost and wirelesssensorbar.com will not refund me or deliver the advertised product now. However, I understand that a similar product is due to be released in March by a reputable seller, with a longer battery life than advertised by these cowboys anyway, so I will wait until it is available and order from them.
Sad
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, that is bad. They got all kinds of free advertising on all kinds of websites. It was all over the Wii specific sites and even on Engadget. I thought about purchasing one, but I liked the look of the standard bar below my TV.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: