123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Printing in Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> New Users and Switchers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninjamini

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Printing in Draft Reply with quote

I have a HP Photosmart 2610. Its brand new, about 2-3 months old, and I bought it out a love for the Several HP Printers that I owned before. In windows, yea I'm a convert, I can change the print quality to save ink. In fact I set the default to Draft (aka economy) mode. This uses 40% less ink.

I have yet to find anywhere to change this setting in sys pref. Please help. Ink costs already effect my abilty to buy other toys.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there is a HP Printer Setup Utility for OS X that gives you more options. You might find on the HP support site or on one of your CD's.
greg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an HP Deskjet 6840 network printer which I share between my kids PC and my Mac Mini. To set draft quality from the Mini I do the following:

1. Select Print from my applicaton
2. In the Print Window right under Presets field there is a selection that says "Copies & Pages"; Select the arrow next to this to open the pull down
3. From the pull down select "Paper Type/Quality"
4. Under "Quality" select "FastDraft"
Dell 1905FP
Logitech Wave Cordless Desktop
greg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, BTW...I forgot to mention that once you set a group of print options such as setting to Draft quality as I described above, you can select "Save As" under Presets and save the settings under a name such as "Draft". From then on you can just select "Draft" from the Presets when you print. Very cool. It lets you define your own sets of customized options which you can then recall whenever you print.
Dell 1905FP
Logitech Wave Cordless Desktop
ninjamini

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya know when I think "this damm mac...why ever did I?...I should have bought a PC...it always does what i want it too...this mac is so hard to figure out..." There comes someone from 123macmini to help me out and give me an answer.

Thank you greg! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> New Users and Switchers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: