123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

buying a new MacBook
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Notebooks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
splen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
ive seen a video of upgrading the memory and harddrive on a MacBook. it doesnt look hard at all.

Yeah, It's really easy. The only thin that freaked me about the process is that it felt like the amount of pressure you needed to push the release lever across was going to break it! but they are much tougher than they appear! Did you say that you are goibg to use WinXP as your main OS? I would be interested to hear how the macbook performs as a pc in daily use. (I use xp on mine, but only for games! Razz )

Keep us posted! Smile
Donut

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i got the MacBook on Wednesday.

sort of the spur of the moment kinda thing. cause i ended up with a nasty cold/fever. and went to get it a couple of hours before i headed home for Thanksgiving.

was kinda rude, how everyone just kept ignoring me , but helping every other person that would be around the macbook tables.
i eventually got bored of messing with the Macbook and Macbook Pros. and just asked someone that was just standing there doing nothing.

i had to get the MacBook with just 1GB, cause they were gonna charge me $660 for 2GB. i was like good lord! thats just way too much. that would go beyond my budget.

so i just stuck with the 1GB thats already inside.
since its $175 when ordering it online. i just assumed that it would cost maybe like $240 or something to get it seperately.

so i was kinda dissapointed about that. then they tried to sell me the apple care for $249 when before they had told me it was just $56. at $56 i was like ook fine. but when at the register, i said forget it. i mean at the price, i should just get an iPod Nano.

so i stuck with just the MacBook itself.
they gave me a student discount. i didnt ask for it cause i totally forgot about it. they did ask for an ID though. so i showed them my old school ID. and it worked.

seems to work great. i did a install of XP in the rush of things. but i dont think i will need it until Monday and so forth. so for now ill just use OSX to surf the next. and use Pages and Keynote for the work i need to get done.
and use XP when i am back at my place. so i can install everything and customize XP to my liking.

for the most part i am happy to finally have a portable system. so now i can have a working computer with me at all times.
i like that its really lightweight and not at all bulky like most laptops seem to be. so it was a good investment.

OS X 10.4.11
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Notebooks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: