123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Releases Mac mini EFI Firmware Update 1.1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elec999

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can I check what firmware my mac mini is running.
Thanks
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elec999 wrote:
Thanks

Apple Menu > About this Mac > More Info button > Contents > Hardware. You will see the SMC and Boot ROM versions listed under Hardware Overview. The latest SMC for the Mac mini is 1.3f4. The Boot ROM is MM11.0055.B05 (late 2006 Mac mini) and MM11.0055.B08 (early 2006 Mac mini).
elec999

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

curt wrote:
elec999 wrote:
Thanks

Apple Menu > About this Mac > More Info button > Contents > Hardware. You will see the SMC and Boot ROM versions listed under Hardware Overview. The latest SMC for the Mac mini is 1.3f4. The Boot ROM is MM11.0055.B05 (late 2006 Mac mini) and MM11.0055.B08 (early 2006 Mac mini).

Mine looks likes the latest firmware. but I am having issues, Vista wont go to sleep.
Machine Name: Mac mini
Machine Model: Macmini1,1
Processor Name: Intel Core Solo
Processor Speed: 1.5 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 1
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MM11.0055.B08
SMC Version: 1.3f4
L2 Cache: 2 MB
Thanks
suzenlv

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Apple Releases Mac mini EFI Firmware Update 1.1 Reply with quote

I ran the update last night on my MAC Pro 15" and it is still going to sleep. I have to hold down the power button, then it sounds a tone. After leaving it idle - with a screen saver on set to 3 min., it still either goes to sleep or shuts off. I have to restart. I am currently at OS 10.4.10. Can someone give me any information as to why it is still either going to sleep or shutting itself off? Sys Pref sleep modes are set to never...

Thanks,
S in Vegas
-----------------------------------------

[quote="admin"][b]Apple Releases Mac mini EFI Firmware Update 1.1[/b]
Monday, November 13, 2006

Apple has released the [url=http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/macminiefifirmwareupdate11.html]Mac mini EFI Firmware Update 1.1[/url] via Mac OS X's Software Update Utility and on the Web. According to the company, this EFI Firmware Update fixes several Boot Camp, start up, and wake-from-sleep issues on Intel-Based Mac mini computers. The Mac mini EFI Firmware Update 1.1 weighs in at 1.6MB. After the firmware update is successfully applied to your computer, your Boot ROM Version will be: MM11.0055.B08.

[img]http://www.123macmini.com/news/images/newsstory561_small.jpg[/img]

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/561.html[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: