123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cinnamon Peripherals announces CinnaMount mini
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 2869
Location: Minneapolis

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James T Kirk wrote:
SOCOMRAIDER wrote:


Plus I'll hawking PS3's on eBay in a couple of weeks. Laughing


I really have no idea what you are talking about Confused Question
Just talking about the release of the PS3 coming in a couple of weeks. Which the launch date for Europe might even get pushed back further than March of 07.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
James T Kirk
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 23 Aug 2005
Posts: 757
Location: The Netherlands, Europe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOCOMRAIDER wrote:
James T Kirk wrote:
SOCOMRAIDER wrote:


Plus I'll hawking PS3's on eBay in a couple of weeks. Laughing


I really have no idea what you are talking about Confused Question
Just talking about the release of the PS3 coming in a couple of weeks. Which the launch date for Europe might even get pushed back further than March of 07.


I could not care less, I'm not a games person, my son of 8 is, but he has his Gameboy Advance, his old, old PC with Firefox and his pet. My toy is my Macmini Laughing
_________________
___________________Jimę
Now on Hackintosh in G5 case!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 2869
Location: Minneapolis

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got mine from UPS today. I'll post some pictures a little later tonight.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yvan256
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 18 Aug 2005
Posts: 541
Location: Quebec, Canada

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOCOMRAIDER wrote:
Got mine from UPS today. I'll post some pictures a little later tonight.


UPS delivers on weekend in the USA? Not in Canada! Shocked

I hope the CinnaMount mini lives up to your expectations. Can't wait to see your pictures, too. Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 2869
Location: Minneapolis

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yvan256 wrote:
SOCOMRAIDER wrote:
Got mine from UPS today. I'll post some pictures a little later tonight.


UPS delivers on weekend in the USA? Not in Canada! Shocked

I hope the CinnaMount mini lives up to your expectations. Can't wait to see your pictures, too. Very Happy
I got it on Friday the 3rd. It works perfectly, the Mini is not going to slip out or anything.

The packaging was a trip. The little box inside of all that padding. Everything is nicely laid out in the small box. Everything seems to be well thought out. Screw caps and even the little screws to help mount other units on each other (even an allen wrench).

The black is just a little darker than my Mini. Hopefully I can take some pictures soon.... my camera battery is 100% dead, so I need to buy a new one.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yvan256
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 18 Aug 2005
Posts: 541
Location: Quebec, Canada

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOCOMRAIDER wrote:
The packaging was a trip. The little box inside of all that padding. Everything is nicely laid out in the small box. Everything seems to be well thought out. Screw caps and even the little screws to help mount other units on each other (even an allen wrench).


Thanks. All that padding is a requirement of the shipping carrier. Smile

Designing that packaging was almost as problematic as designing the mount itself. It's 100% cardboard (hence can be recycled) and holds everything in place during transport. In case you were wondering what the big square hole at the bottom of that cardboard was supposed to do, it holds the power supply mount in place (since I think you didn't order a bundle kit).

SOCOMRAIDER wrote:
The black is just a little darker than my Mini. Hopefully I can take some pictures soon.... my camera battery is 100% dead, so I need to buy a new one.


It's even darker than your Mac mini? Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 2869
Location: Minneapolis

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yvan256 wrote:
SOCOMRAIDER wrote:
The black is just a little darker than my Mini. Hopefully I can take some pictures soon.... my camera battery is 100% dead, so I need to buy a new one.


It's even darker than your Mac mini? Shocked
By just a little bit. Of course it goes better with my black Mini, as opposed to the silver one.
Otherwise I'd have to slap on my other unpainted Mini top housing Very Happy
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yvan256
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 18 Aug 2005
Posts: 541
Location: Quebec, Canada

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOCOMRAIDER wrote:
By just a little bit. Of course it goes better with my black Mini, as opposed to the silver one.
Otherwise I'd have to slap on my other unpainted Mini top housing Very Happy


Do you have an external drive like a miniStack? Did you paint it too?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 2869
Location: Minneapolis

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yvan256 wrote:
SOCOMRAIDER wrote:
By just a little bit. Of course it goes better with my black Mini, as opposed to the silver one.
Otherwise I'd have to slap on my other unpainted Mini top housing Very Happy


Do you have an external drive like a miniStack? Did you paint it too?
Nope. I have an Acomdata E5 drive. I had used it for my boot drive for almost a year. Then a few weeks ago I bought a Seagate 7200 RPM 2.5" drive and placed it in my Mini. At the same time of buying the drive, I got an external 2.5" enclosure for the old and slow internal drive. If I had gotten a second CinnaMount, I would have put both drives in the mount. But I decided to keep them hidden for now.

If my aunt decides to get a CinnaMount, I might get another one and add it to her order. So far she is interested in getting one for her Mini.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 17 Mar 2005
Posts: 1456
Location: Oregon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it together guys, but I'm not sure where to mount the Mac mini and LaCie mini. I think a little black stand might be better. Confused

http://www.123macmini.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-764
_________________
My Setup
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
James T Kirk
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 23 Aug 2005
Posts: 757
Location: The Netherlands, Europe

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice silver and black combination! Smile
_________________
___________________Jimę
Now on Hackintosh in G5 case!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Yvan256
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 18 Aug 2005
Posts: 541
Location: Quebec, Canada

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

curt wrote:
I got it together guys, but I'm not sure where to mount the Mac mini and LaCie mini. I think a little black stand might be better. Confused

http://www.123macmini.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-764


How about two CinnaMount mini Black Limited Edition, installed side-by-side? Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member


Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 2869
Location: Minneapolis

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I promised pictures a LONG time ago. Well I finally got a new battery for my digital cam. So here we go...







Oh yeah, the darkness

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



      

Shop:  Apple Store  |  Refurbished Macs  |  Refurbished iPads  |  MacConnection  |  Mac Mini Vault  |  Other World Computing

MK 1 Studio Mac mini Racks  |  Crucial Mac Memory  |  Top Free Mac Apps  |  Top Paid Mac Apps



123Macmini.com is an independent publication and has not been authorized, sponsored, or approved by Apple Computer, Inc.
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owners.
Copyright © 2011 123Macmini.com. All Rights Reserved.