123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wii or PS3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Member Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which one are you going to buy?
Wii
52%
 52%  [ 31 ]
PS3
37%
 37%  [ 22 ]
Both
10%
 10%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 59

devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOCOMRAIDER wrote:
Well I got my PS3 on the 10th. When Circuit had the free SIXAXIS deal. Got Resistance and Rainbow Six Vegas. Hey I like to shoot people in the face!
60GB seems like a lot, but as most of us should know, that is hardly anything. I've already filled 15GB on my PS3 and I've only had it for 6 days.

Congrats! I can see a hard drive upgrade in your future. As you know, I went from 20GB to 80GB. I really think the PS3 is the best console out there for gaming. It's definitely a step up in graphics from the Wii, and more relaxing. I'm too old to be playing games, yet alone doing it standing up.

What do you think of the old Blu-ray movies? Cool

Quote:
I would had gotten a 360. However, I know too many people who are on their 2nd or 3rd console already... I don't want to go through that kind of hassle.

Red ring, red ring, red ring.....
Weee
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOCOMRAIDER wrote:
But I still haven't touched the Wii (lol) in over 4 months. It just collects dust between the PS3 and my receiver.

What was the last game that you were into playing if any? Are you looking forward to anything coming out?
robinscruffy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the Wii. I think I'll have to get one next month Very Happy My cousin has one and it's awesome, plus since he's in Asia he can get any game for NT$10 or US$0.30. Crying or Very sad

But i think i'll play it clean if i get a Wii in the UK. Laughing

Anyone know any good Wii games? Oh and does anyone know if Nintendo will release the colored Wii console?
- iPod Touch 8GB

Visit www.thebigapples.net Very Happy Podcasts, Videos & more Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
TyPod
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played the Wii, and I was not surprised. Super Nintendo with Super Mario is the best combo to date.
Pleiades
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a Wii this weekend Smile
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
SOCOMRAIDER wrote:
Well I got my PS3 on the 10th. When Circuit had the free SIXAXIS deal. Got Resistance and Rainbow Six Vegas. Hey I like to shoot people in the face!
60GB seems like a lot, but as most of us should know, that is hardly anything. I've already filled 15GB on my PS3 and I've only had it for 6 days.

Congrats! I can see a hard drive upgrade in your future. As you know, I went from 20GB to 80GB. I really think the PS3 is the best console out there for gaming. It's definitely a step up in graphics from the Wii, and more relaxing. I'm too old to be playing games, yet alone doing it standing up.

What do you think of the old Blu-ray movies? Cool

Quote:
I would had gotten a 360. However, I know too many people who are on their 2nd or 3rd console already... I don't want to go through that kind of hassle.

Red ring, red ring, red ring.....
I'm going the route of a 120GB hard drive upgrade. They don't look too expensive on Newegg, so I'll eventually get it. I like the fact you can hook up a USB hard drive and the system should automatically see it. So I'll have to get some kind of enclosure for the old 60.
I'm too use to the PlayStation controller. I think the 360 has the best ergonomic controller. Fits really well in the hand and all the buttons are in the right place. But I like that the SIXAXIS has its accelerometers. I think it will be perfect once it finally gets its rumble later this year.

And as for the 360.. you know something is wrong, when the amount to fix all the consoles is in the billion dollar range and then have the VP resign around the same time. Sure a three year warranty sounds good, but not if you have to keep on using the service all throughout those three years. I'd rather have a unit that is just more reliable.

I still need to check out some Blu-Ray movies. I still qualify for the 5 free Blu-Ray movies. So I'll probably send that in this week. I think other than that, I'll stick with DVDs for a while longer.
Weee wrote:
SOCOMRAIDER wrote:
But I still haven't touched the Wii (lol) in over 4 months. It just collects dust between the PS3 and my receiver.

What was the last game that you were into playing if any? Are you looking forward to anything coming out?
I played and beat Legend of Zelda in 28 hours for the Wii. Other than that it there is nothing I'm really looking forward to. The most things I'm looking forward to aren't even going to be on the Wii. New SOCOM, CoD4, Half Life 2 (w/ Portal, Team Fortress 2) pack and some other games... that is why I got the PS3.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm probably not going to buy either, but I voted PS3 because if I WAS going to buy one, thats what it would be.
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well..... all of those who want a PS3, should get one soon. As the price cut is only temporary as they get rid of all the 60GB stock.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOCOMRAIDER wrote:
Well..... all of those who want a PS3, should get one soon. As the price cut is only temporary as they get rid of all the 60GB stock.

Sony played this one beautifully. First you get people excited about the lower price and then you put pressure on them to move fast. Laughing
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weee wrote:
SOCOMRAIDER wrote:

Sony played this one beautifully. First you get people excited about the lower price and then you put pressure on them to move fast. Laughing
Yeah it is a pretty good push at that. The new models (80GB and maybe even a 120GB down the line), will not feature the PlayStation 2 chipset. So it will play back a percentage of PS2 games, because it is run through emulation. That probably makes it the best time to get one, if you still do play PS2 software (unless you have a spare PS2 laying around).

I happened to pass my PS2 down to my little brother Laughing
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a little feedback on my part.

I know I don't use the PS3 to 1/1000th of its potential. Many just as a Blu-ray player. The 60GB hard drive will likely never be an issue.

I have a PVR to record TV and its 120GB is an issue.
Ben Tex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if changes will be made to the actual Blu-ray player in the 80GB model? I'm mostly talking about new features or enhancements for movie playback. I sort of remember hearing or reading something about new features coming to Blu-ray soon.
Din

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have been a substantial number of changes to Blu-ray (and game and DVD) playback already, through firmware updates. Some that come to mind:

Added blacker than black and whiter than white pass through for better calibration.

Added 24P output for supported displays so you can get rid of 24->60 judder.

Added very decent DVD upscaling (per HDMI only)

Added PS2 game upscaling.

Added 720 downscaling for Blu-ray

And some more I am probably forgetting at the moment.

These are all added to all existing PS3s whenever you update to the most current firmware, there is no need to delay purchasing to wait for new features of this type. New hardware will most likely be of the bigger HDD, rumble controller sort.

And the PS3 is still one of if not the best BD player out there IMO.

BB
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its also a great regular DVD player. It just happens to look better than my Denon DVD player...
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOCOMRAIDER wrote:
Its also a great regular DVD player. It just happens to look better than my Denon DVD player...

It took a while to get upscaling support (added in 1.80), but man was it worth the wait. The PS3 is probably the best DVD player that I have ever owned.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Member Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: