123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New members...welcome
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> New Users and Switchers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cptpinhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just purchased my very first MAC and I love it. I got the Mini in the mail on tuesday and have been having alot of fun using it. I love the way OSX works. I have used OSX Tiger before on a few friend's machines but I really love Leopard. They have added all kinds of really cool stuff. I no longer use an actual windows machine at home anymore. My server is running linux with 1 2003 server virtual machine on it which I can use to publish windows apps just in case I would need something. I'm so glad I made the switch.
Leebo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: First Mac Reply with quote

Well, after 20 years of windows and PCs, I've switched to a Mac. I'm the proud owner of a new Mac Mini Core 2 Duo 2Ghz.

So far I really like it. It's running smoothly and all my old peripherals work wonderfully.

I referred to this forum many times doing my research before I decided to buy. Thanks for the helpful info.
macintouches

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my mac mini G4 about 6 months ago, and I haven't found one thing about it that I didn't like. I really love the way that it just plain works.
it doesn't crash nor lock up, I haven't even had so much as a hic-cup out of this thing! I just upgraded from Tiger to Leopard. it installed with out a hitch and still preforms flawlessly.

PPC 1.42Ghz Mac Mini
1GB RAM
SuperDrive
160GB HD
Airport Extreme
Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR
AirClick Remote
Wireless Keyboard & Mouse
OS X Leopard 10.5.1 Exclamation
rhfox1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:41 am    Post subject: I'm rookie!!! Reply with quote

Hi.... I'm rookie in Apple World.... I bought one mini and accesories.... Last weekend it was my first time with HER !!! Laughing I had one PC and I could see different.... It's very easy to install, to work... really I think it's very good inverstment...

I love photography, Do You Know wich better software pro to photography???

Thanks a lot
Rob...

Mac Mini 1.83mhz
1 GB RAM
80 GB HD
LaCie 500 GB External HD
Apple Cinema 20" display
Mouse & Keyboard Wireless
OS X Leopard

Ipod Classic 80 GB
deeperblue

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I was told my Mac Mini was on it's way. Should arrive next week but my wife insists to wrap it up and put it under the xmas tree.
It is my xmas pressy but it will be hard to see wrapping paper go around this little box of fun.
rhfox1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeperblue wrote:
Today I was told my Mac Mini was on it's way. Should arrive next week but my wife insists to wrap it up and put it under the xmas tree.
It is my xmas pressy but it will be hard to see wrapping paper go around this little box of fun.

Hi deeperblue.... really I don't know how you can wait to open your gift.... It's very hard...

But don't forget shoot a picture in the great moment..... and welcome to 123macmini....

Regards.... from the other side of the world..... Cool

Robert.
Caracas - Venezuela.
deeperblue

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhfox1 wrote:
deeperblue wrote:

Hi deeperblue.... really I don't know how you can wait to open your gift.... It's very hard...

But don't forget shoot a picture in the great moment..... and welcome to 123macmini....

Regards.... from the other side of the world..... Cool

Robert.
Caracas - Venezuela.

Thanks for the welcome Robert, buying a Mac is like being adopted into a very large family Smile

Unfortunately the photo moment will be on Xmas day. I guess thats not long now, only 9 more sleeps Smile
Soma 115

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: ON MY NEW MAC Reply with quote

Just got on my new mac. couldn't be more pleased. this is an EXTREMELY nice machine. oh and thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
-120 Gig HDD
-500 Gig Iomega external
ronster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Mac Mini is on the way...should be here in about 10 days...

Thanks for converting me over to right side of the fence...
Majewski79

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:34 am    Post subject: Time to move on... Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

So recently my PC started acting up...nothing new you know, the same old nonsense. Then suddenly after so many years it hit me...Im like, wait a minute! Most of my friends are Mac users, why don't I ever hear them complain about stuff like this? Then of course I did some research, this site was one of them as well as talk friends. As of now, I'm sold on Mac. I decided that the Mac Mini (the 2Gz model) is for me becuase the monitor I have is brand new as well as my keyboard.

So...I already found a buyer for my PC and I'll be ordering my Macmini within the next week. I'm soooo excited to use a Mac! This is my first Mac and I have never used one.
stupkid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy folks! I figure I should post something here. Just bought my first Mac mini and I'm in love. Coming from the Unix and Windows world professionally (almost entirely UNIX) I've always had respect for the hardware that Apple created, but never purchased one. So, as I get a bit older the value of something that "Just Works" (tm) increases.

Right now, the Mini is setup as the family computer/HTPC with a Linux server as a MythTV backend. I'll be purchasing a new LCD TV in the next few days. Pretty excited!
Scooterandy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

Hi I'm Andy, I'm 13, I am a photographer and I am currently saving up for a mac mini (Most likely a refurbished core duo). I want a mac for editing photos and videos. I've been using my laptop for that but windows xp just isn't cutting it. I am very sick of my computer always crashing and freezing.

I would be greatly appreciated it if someone would donate to my mac mini fund which right now it's at about 150 dollars.
Dino1956
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScooterAndy,

The refurbs sometimes come with an extra gig of Ram or some Upgrade. No promises, but a possibility. I just got mine 2 weeks ago. Your going to love it, especially for IPhoto. I waited 3 months for mine. It'll be worth the wait. There's an old & true saying, "Good Things Come To Those Who Wait". I waited & I have never been happier with any other Computer. BTW, It's my first Mac also. You won't be disappointed!

Dino1956
Power Mac G5 1.8 GHz
Apple TV 3rd Gen
Time Capsule 1st Gen 2TB

http://www.soundclick.com/members/default.cfm?member=Dino1956
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
MrBabou

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all!

I'm new here, but now new to the Mac world. We've been using Macs (Mini and iMac) since about a couple of years now. I still have my PC as well though, but we love our Macs! hehehe Very Happy
trustory
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrBabou wrote:
Hi all!

I'm new here, but now new to the Mac world. We've been using Macs (Mini and iMac) since about a couple of years now. I still have my PC as well though, but we love our Macs! hehehe Very Happy

Welcome to the site forums!
iPhone 4 Black 16GB
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> New Users and Switchers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 7 of 13

Jump to: