123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New members...welcome
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> New Users and Switchers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hands0n

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saymon wrote:
I consider, that here it is a little boring and is not emotional.. A few fun on this forum Smile
does anyone have anything like this? post that stuff here for us to have some fun... %)
here

Oh yea, like we're going to load up your Active-X control.

Do not click on his "here" link. Admin, please delete his post Sad
Mac Mini Core Duo 1.8GHz (DVD/CD writer, 2GB DDR, 80GB HDD), Mighty Mouse (BT), Wireless Keyboary (BT), Lacie 300GB USB/FW HDD & Hub, 5th Gen iPod 80GB, Logic3 iStation speakers, Hanns.G (Dabsvalue) 19" TFT DVI 5ms Monitor
agnustic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: --- Reply with quote

---

Last edited by agnustic on Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
mikecullen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:33 am    Post subject: newbie Reply with quote

Greetings from Swindon,Uk.
Got my mini,first timer.Love it already!
So quiet,you wouldnt know it was on .Love the lush interface,yum yum,yeah baby!! Very Happy

'...i'ts funny 'cos it's true..'-Homer J. Simpson.
minimania

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi everyone! just bought my mini recently as part of a htpc. i think 123macmini will just about empty my wallet
Very Happy Smile Surprised Confused Laughing

purchases so far as a direct result of what i've read at 123macmini
* apple mac mini
* memory upgrade to 2gb
* wiebetech maxelerate (2)
* rca drc257n upconversion dvd player
* (contemplating logitech harmony remote)

(i'm sure this list will continue to grow)
Cupillac

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought I would say HI!

I used to be a Mac user about 10 years ago and eventually switched over to PC, but have always still dabbled my fingers in Macs here and there.

My father uses a Mac Mini with the PPC chip for work and I think they are the greatest little computers around. I do like the the powerful G5, iMacs, but something about the Mini is really neat!!

I hoping I may pick one up eventually, because I am still a heavy PC user (for games and backing up my copyrighted dvds) but I think Apples intended marketing use for the mini is working on me. Why not have a mini right beside my bulky powerful pc tower?

Anyways, great site! and hopefully I can re-learn Macs again!
frankblourtango

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been a windows head since windows 3.11.

I tried to get into Linux but I just got frustrated, several times, most recently by that fact that I could never INSTALL and RUN something. Once when I had a problem with this I went to a linux forum. I asked my question. Then one of the moderators or ops or whatever LOCKS OUT my question so nobody can read it and tells me to read the FAQs. To me this made their forum really pointless.

I felt like responding to him that things like this is why he is single and still living with his mother at 40 years old. Twisted Evil

But I've been pretty impressed with the mini, and the folks I've met here. This is a cool computer and community.

Smile
Imac
Ubuntu linux on two boxes
windows junkyard network
XP P4
D444niel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost forgot to introduce myself Embarassed My name is Dan live in Essex, Uk land of the chav apperantly Sad I have been messing with PCs since DOS 6.2.

I wanted a machine that was small, stylish and usuable and the Mac Mini ticked all the boxes. Had no problems with it what so ever and dont intend to go back to Windows ever again.

Too much spec to add here ....
Hands0n

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is sort of related to the Mac Mini - and I have posted here before, but I wanted to let you know of something very sinister going on at Apple HQ.

I started off with iTunes at the persistent recommendation of a friend of mine who I really should strike off my Christmas Card List! I liked it so much I went for an iPod (5th Gen 80GB of course!). Then the Mac Mini followed, well I could hardly be hanging my iPod off the Win/AMD machine for too long.

Months have gone by and as the song goes "I'm lovin it!". But here's where it all gets rather sinister. The Mini is a delight, and it will be a cold day in Hell before I get rid of it for anything else. It may well, one day, end up in my lounge AV stack. But two weeks ago ...... I wandered past the Apple Store in the UK's Bluewater shopping mall (largest in Europe!). That wouldn't have been so bad, but I actually walked in - not so much on a whim, I'd been agonising over a decision for weeks and weeks........ and walked back out again armed with a Mac Pro 2.66GHz, 1GB RAM, 250GB HDD, Bluetooth and WiFi installed. This week I took delivery of a 500GB SATA 3GB, another 2GB of RAM, Parallells and Windows XP Pro (OEM) - sorry about the last bit, I can't quite get rid of Windoze yet a few years!.

The Dual Core Mac Mini is marvelous - the twin Dual Core Xeon-equipped Mac Pro is *********** awesome! Superlatives fail me!

Sinister or what?!! Very Happy
Mac Mini Core Duo 1.8GHz (DVD/CD writer, 2GB DDR, 80GB HDD), Mighty Mouse (BT), Wireless Keyboary (BT), Lacie 300GB USB/FW HDD & Hub, 5th Gen iPod 80GB, Logic3 iStation speakers, Hanns.G (Dabsvalue) 19" TFT DVI 5ms Monitor
easlern

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hands0n wrote:
This is sort of related to the Mac Mini - and I have posted here before, but I wanted to let you know of something very sinister going on at Apple HQ.

Laughing I thought this was going to be some kind of support horror story. Glad it had a happy ending.
I got a Mini (my first Mac) a few weeks ago and it's now my primary computer. It excels at everything I use it for, and even plays WoW well. What an amazing little machine. As you can tell, I'm very happy with it. Wink
TonyMontana
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best is when people come over ( mainly windows users ) and they say "Wow,..... THAT'S your computer? It's so tiny." Laughing Laughing
TyPod
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TonyMontana wrote:
The best is when people come over ( mainly windows users ) and they say "Wow,..... THAT'S your computer? It's so tiny." Laughing Laughing

It is, but my friends don't think it's a "real" computer. They refer to "real" computers as huge towers sitting under people's desks. That's the only downer about my mini, Mini.
Kalel2

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a newbie also. My brother has always had a mac and believe in them. I myself had never tried one since I learned how to type. The only time I used his mac was when I was first learning how to type and that was a long time ago. But since then I've always used a pc. But now that I have a mac mini I've really taken a liking to it. I feel so overwelmed with it's potential, it's almost scary. And the darn thing is so quite I have look down to really be sure it's on when my screen goes blank for power managment. I was also impressed at how easy the plug and play worked for this system. I didn't have to download any driver info or anything. Everything I had on my pc just plugged perfectly into the unit. It was almost like it was meant to be. Especially when you look at the fact that the previous version of the the Mini's would not have worked for me because they weren't fast enough and the usb ports weren't enough with just 2. I needed 4 and I need the speed that the latest had. And as faint would have it that's what I got. I didn't even check on this stuff before leaving the store with the unit in hand. I didn't think to check for the microphone jack that I needed for my sound because it would have worked any other way with the speakers I had. I didn't stop to check on the usb slots (the fact that I needed 4 of them and no less.). And really didn't think about the speed that I needed until after I saw what I could have mistakely picked up over this if someone had sold it to me. So...I'd have to say it's been really good right now. I look forward to even better days. Thanks Apple!
12noon

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also new here and don't own a mini mac myself, but just ordered one for my son who will be going to Bolton University in September.

My son wanted a mac because he will be doing a music / media course and needs to get to grips with the mac operating system.

Anyway i'd just like to say hello from Castleford, West Yorkshire, England.
Very Happy
ranger1021

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just stopping by to say hey to all you new people. May your stays be warm and filled with Mac goodness.

TyPod wrote:
TonyMontana wrote:

It is, but my friends don't think it's a "real" computer. They refer to "real" computers as huge towers sitting under people's desks. That's the only downer about my mini, Mini.

The funny thing is, the Mini is most likely more powerful than many of their PC towers. Laughing It's really pretty sad. There is also the the added bonus of using about 4 times less power than their huge towers. Just let that sink in. Wink
arachide

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings all. My name is Andy, I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and I have been using Apple computers since 1984. (I still own that ][c though it is mainly just collecting dust on the bookshelf.) I bought my first mini two years ago, shortly after my daughter was born. I wanted a quiet computer and the Mini w/ the i-Life suite was too tempting to pass up. I added a Apple TV to the mix a couple of months ago and just picked up an Intel Mini today to hook up to the TV in the living room. I was trying to set up a Myth Dora box made from Frankensteined parts but gave up trying to set up the beast and went the Mac route - again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> New Users and Switchers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 5 of 13

Jump to: