123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New members...welcome
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> New Users and Switchers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rocksteady

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Switched my personal desktop to a Mac Mini over 5 years ago. Still making payments on it but I don't regret it whatsoever. It's been a stable and secure computer for me in the tasks I do.
Steve Adams

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a mini almost a year ago, been tinkering with it but I am making it my main computer now, getting the 27" cinema display, wireless keyboard, mouse and calc, and a 2tb iomega minimax to go with it.

I think mac's software is killer.
smallfry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Memory upgrade Reply with quote

Hi everybody, just ordered my very first Macmini a couple days ago. Got a refurbished 2010 model from apple. Can't wait to get it. Been a pc guy my whole life. But having an iPhone for the last 3years and just got iPad for Xmas I've come to see how awesome apple is. Just wondering if the 2gb of memory is enough? Or should I upgrade to 8gb? Plan on using the Mac for iOS development and maybe some video editing.
raycfe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:55 am    Post subject: Last post first Reply with quote

I have a question. Is there a way to see the last post first. As this post comes up as a new post since last login today, but it is 12 pages long.
Do I have to click on the box at the bottom of each post every-time?
I think I found my answer. Yellow box will take me to last post. Being new here I have to read everything, and going to the newest post and working backwards seems to be best for me.
Thanks
Ray
Yingchun

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sold a G5 dual 2.0 tower late last year. In the meantime I've been using my wife's iMac. I just ordered a Mac Mini to (hopefully) replace an Apple TV.Coach Purses
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocksteady wrote:
Switched my personal desktop to a Mac Mini over 5 years ago. Still making payments on it but I don't regret it whatsoever. It's been a stable and secure computer for me in the tasks I do.

Shocked
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CptKeen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone, I just picked up my first Mac/Mini Mac yesterday.

I bought the base configuration with the i5 2.3GHz CPU, 2GB RAM, and the 5400 RPM HDD. It feels good to finally own a Mac. Because of my PC tech background, my plan is to perform a few DIY upgrades on the storage space (and RPM), the RAM to 8+ GB, and eventually maybe the CPU.

I'll be using the Mini for video editing/graphic design and some audio production, but I've also got a KVM switch coming in, so I'll split some of the duties between my PC and the Mini.

Anyway, I'm glad I found this site, I'm looking forward to learning a thing or two from all of you on the forums who've gotten their hands dirty with the machine.
g.b.a.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:58 pm    Post subject: new mac mini user here! Reply with quote

hey guys,

i just bought my mac mini 2011 last month and i was very happy with it.
it's really different from PC but i'm loving it...
(i already upgraded the RAM to 8Gb which i bought for around 3000円)

hope to learn more things on this great forum!
more power!
fogbound

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: What took me so long... Reply with quote

Greetings to all. New Mac mini owner effective 12/25/2011. Not a stranger to Mac but I have been a PC user for ages. This forum is a great find!
Raj174

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:56 am    Post subject: New member Reply with quote

Hello everyone, just got a Mac mini i7-2620 and I love it. Needed an HTPC and you can't beat it for size and quality. What a display on a 52 inch Sharp LCD. Anyway glad to be a member here.
FElBorne

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How's everyone?

Hi! I am new to this forum Wink
ClutchKargo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checking in to say Hello!

I bought a new 16g i7 2012 quad Mini to begin the Apple computer experience.

Long time PC user and builder and now finally going to try the Mac platform. I figure it's time now that we own iPhones, iPad, and 3 Apple TV's in the house.

I figured the mini would be a smart choice to start plus the small form factor will give me flexibility to move unit from using as a HTPC or in the office as a desktop.

Cheers!
Clutch
Mamamacmini

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Back in the land of Mac Reply with quote

Long time mac fan, now back with the i7 2.3 mid model...... Running dual 23 screens and external 1tb drive.

16gb memory being delivered tomorrow

Great to be back after being the land of windows for nearly 7 years.....
marv777
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Back in the land of Mac Reply with quote

Mamamacmini wrote:
Long time mac fan, now back with the i7 2.3 mid model...... Running dual 23 screens and external 1tb drive.

16gb memory being delivered tomorrow

Great to be back after being the land of windows for nearly 7 years.....
Welcome here.Windows I used but now with Mac it is much easier and not that many updates like Windows.
Mongoose

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: New Member of the 123Macmini Reply with quote

Hi,
Thanks for permitting me to join 123Macmini.com.

Although I'm a new MacMini user, I've been a macaholic for quiet some time. I started macking on a single-drive 128k.

Since I started macking, I've belonged to several Mac User Groups, including the Huntsville Mac/Lisa User Group, the Kaw River Mac User Group, the Southwest Oklahoma Apple Orchard Mac User Group, Mac Enthusiasts of San Antonio, and the Hawaii Mac and Apple Users Society.

Unfortunately, at work, I have to use a Dell Pee Cee, and so I get brain-dead and have to eat a lot of seafood to recover from the windoze induced brain death.

My main Mac is a 16 gig Mac Pro with a lot of mods done to it.

I want to use the Mac Mini primarily as a NAS Server for a bunch of FOSCAM IP cameras using the Evocam software.

First impression - Wow! You guys put a lot of work into making this website awesome. I hope to contribute useful info from time to time.

Cheers,
Mongoose
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> New Users and Switchers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: