123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Announces iPod nano (PRODUCT) RED

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:38 am    Post subject: Apple Announces iPod nano (PRODUCT) RED Reply with quote

Apple Announces iPod nano (PRODUCT) RED
Friday, October 13, 2006

Apple today unveiled the iPod nano (PRODUCT) RED Special Edition. (RED) was created by U2 lead singer, Bono and Bobby Shriver to engage business in the fight against AIDS in Africa by getting the world's most iconic companies to make uniquely branded products. A portion of the profits from these products goes directly to the Global Fund to fund programs for women and children affected by HIV/AIDS in Africa. The iPod nano (PRODUCT) RED comes in a beautiful red aluminum enclosure and features 24 hours of battery life, Apple's innovative Click Wheel and an incredibly thin and light design. Apple will contribute $10 from the sale of each iPod nano (PRODUCT) RED to the Global Fund to help fight HIV/AIDS in Africa. Apple will also offer a $25 iTunes (PRODUCT) RED gift card available for purchase at Apple's retail and online stores next month.

"We're ecstatic that Apple is giving their customers the choice to buy a red iPod nano and help women and children affected by HIV/AIDS in Africa," said Bono, co-founder of (RED). "It's wonderful to see this incredible level of commitment from companies that are willing to lend their creativity in the fight against AIDS in Africa, the greatest health crisis in 600 years."

"Now customers can buy the best music player in the world and do something to help the world at the same time," said Steve Jobs, Apple's CEO. "We're honored to work with Bono, (RED) and this team to contribute to an incredibly important initiative and help change the way people think about AIDS in Africa."

The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria was established in 2002, with the support of the world's leaders and UN Secretary General Kofi Annan, to dramatically increase resources to fight three of the world's most devastating diseases, and to direct those resources to areas of greatest need by supporting locally-driven strategies. To date, the Global Fund has committed $5.2 billion (US) to more than 363 programs in 131 countries. For more information about (RED) please visit www.joinred.com.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/543.html

Last edited by admin on Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:11 am; edited 2 times in total
picaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's awesome that Apple is leading the way on this effort in this country--the red products are ubiquitous in other countries, from what I hear, much like the pink products supporting breast cancer research are here.

Now if I could just get a red AMEX to buy my red iPod with...

Smile

Jamie
Texark

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

picaman wrote:

Now if I could just get a red AMEX to buy my red iPod with...

Smile

Jamie

I guess you can't get one here in the US?? It looks like they only offer it in the UK.

http://www.americanexpress.com/pes/uk/benefits/red/microsite/index.shtml

I love the red coloring on the nano. Cool
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the red color and cause, but I'm waiting for the 6G. So it would be cool if they came out with a Product Red 6G too.
scooper
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know $200 is a nice little chunk of money, and people have their favorite colors. But it would be cool if people put their color of choice aside and went with the red model. At least some money is going to a good cause. You can always buy a silicone skin to change the color. Most people buy one for protection anyways. JMTC
Macintosh Sauce

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered two of the red iPod nanos with engraving, on Friday morning, and I received them yesterday morning ~ 8:14 a.m. Impressive, especially since I was not supposed to receive them until Wednesday morning. IMO, they are sweet. I love the red color! One is for my wife and the other one is mine - my first iPod. Been a Mac user for years, but never owned an iPod.

Now, I want a red MacBook... Smile

Last edited by Macintosh Sauce on Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
MacBoySeattle

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know. I think it's ugly. I'd still get a blue, Boner or no Boner.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: