123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mac mini case damaged > can I order a new one somewhere?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cesare

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: mac mini case damaged > can I order a new one somewhere? Reply with quote

Hi all,

I recieved today a mac mini I had bought second hand, but the case was in absolutely horrible condition! It had been painted blue, then cleaned again with blue spots left on the case and in the corners of the optical drive slot. Also the whit plastic top has been scratched. Looks like I got ripped of by the seller...it was a pretty expensive mac as well (maxed out) so I was wondering if anyone knows somewhere you can buy the cases? Perhaps at the applestore they could fix it?
kritoke

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could always get one of those pretty looking skins for it, it might cover up a lot of the scratches and specs of paint. Some are available at http://www.decalgirl.com/browse.cfm/2,198.htm, you can just do a good search for mac mini skins and you are bound to find a bunch.

Kritoke
ninjamini

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are awesome. I drive a Mini CooperS and I am thinking of putting a checkerboard roof on. Should I checkerboard both Minis, The Mini Cooper and the Mac Mini. Next I'll have to get an iPod Mini and checkerboard it.

http://www.decalgirl.com/browse.cfm/4,2702.htm
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go the skin route. If you could buy the case from Apple, I imagine it would be as expensive as buying a new mini.

Good luck.
Sorry to hear that the seller did not disclose this to you.
TheModWiki.org

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or you could always get the guys at colorwarepc.com to paint it for you.. that would cover up pretty much everything visible except for the backplate
Maxtor 300GB Ext. FW
Pioneer DVR-K05 SD

www.PaulStamatiou.com , 9rules Network
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: