123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Powerbook g4 apps. runable?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Notebooks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
how_do_u_like_them_apples

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Powerbook g4 apps. runable? Reply with quote

hey i was wodering that if i bought a used powerbook g4 1.5ghz would i be able to run aperture? finale cut? protools? well help would be much appreciated Wink
kc
Doug Eldred
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A PowerBook should be able to run just about any PowerPC appllication you want, as long as it has enough CPU power, memory, disk, etc. Even if a given app isn't officially supported on a given platform, it may run, but with speed or some features subpar. For example, at least when the Intel MacBook first came out the "pro" apps weren't officially suported. Various people reported that they did run, but perhaps with less than ideal graphics since there's no separate graphics card in a MacBook.

A PowerBook G4 will definitely be much slower than a G5 desktop or an Intel anything. Whether that's "too slow to be useful" is hard to say, and probably something that only you can answer for your situation anyway.

If you can, try the apps you care most about. You might also get better answers on a more PowerBook-oriented site.

Doug
erudite

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a powerbook and it indeed does run the software you mentioned!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Notebooks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: