123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Releases iTunes 7.0.1
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 1.42GHz G4 Mac Mini, 1GB RAM, booting off an external hard drive. No problems with it, except in the beginning. But that was due to iTunes not playing nice with Shapeshifter. I have since taken care of that issue and there have been no issues.

I even have it running on a 1.25GHz G4 eMac with 768MB of RAM. That one runs perfectly too.

How much RAM does everyone have? And has everyone repaired permissions?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is a 1.42 G4 with 1 GB RAM also, but again I am connected to an Apple 20" ACD via DVI. I wonder if that's the issue? At work I am on a 867 G4 Tower with a Sony 17" via VGA and have no problems at all. I'm sure the mini has more power, but it just won't work with the millions of colors set when iTunes launches.
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jthawke wrote:
Mine is a 1.42 G4 with 1 GB RAM also, but again I am connected to an Apple 20" ACD via DVI. I wonder if that's the issue? At work I am on a 867 G4 Tower with a Sony 17" via VGA and have no problems at all. I'm sure the mini has more power, but it just won't work with the millions of colors set when iTunes launches.
I wonder if it is an issue with DVI. My connection is with VGA 1280x1024 with millions of colors. No issues.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOCOMRAIDER wrote:
I wonder if it is an issue with DVI. My connection is with VGA 1280x1024 with millions of colors. No issues.

Ah, I'm DVI at 1650x(whatever *L*). It may just be too many pixels at too many colors.

But there is someone else on here with the same monitor but with an intel mini and no issues. I'll just have to use my workaround til I get the new one.
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jthawke wrote:
SOCOMRAIDER wrote:

Ah, I'm DVI at 1650x(whatever *L*). It may just be too many pixels at too many colors.

But there is someone else on here with the same monitor but with an intel mini and no issues. I'll just have to use my workaround til I get the new one.
Who knows, maybe it is just too much for that old G4 32MB video card.

Makes me wonder more about the bottom line in my sig.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am quite happy with iTunes 6, I see no need for Cover Flow and I prefer the green note to the blue one. Therefore until they introduce magical beaming of music into my brain I'll stick with 6! Wink
22" Samsung T220
Apple Keyboard
4GB iPod nano
MacWaffler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ottmar wrote:
I am quite happy with iTunes 6, I see no need for Cover Flow and I prefer the green note to the blue one. Therefore until they introduce magical beaming of music into my brain I'll stick with 6! Wink

Or until they bundle it with 10.4.8, or make it mandatory to make a purchase from the store, or some other reason... Shocked

I have no idea where I'm going, but I'm making great time...
imfullofit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:44 am    Post subject: Re: Cover Flow Reply with quote

jthawke wrote:
I installed the update and all seems to work fine, although my poor G4 mini still won't show anything under Cover Flow, but it's obviously just too much for the graphics in this machine.

No worries . . . Intel Mini purchase coming up in October. Smile

My G4 mini does fine with the cover art. It is not snapy but it looks fine. I also only have 256 megs of ram in it. What speed is your G4 mini?

www.julianvandercook.com
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MacWaffler wrote:
Or until they bundle it with 10.4.8, or make it mandatory to make a purchase from the store, or some other reason... Shocked
After the 7 update... I was having problems with iTunes 7. Which turned out to be an issue with Shapeshifter... So I didn't use 7 for an hour or two. But when I was using 6, I couldn't access the iTunes Store... at all. I tried multiple times and the store just wouldn't come up at all....

Those of you still running 6... can you access the store still?

(Doesn't really matter to me, I buy my music elsewhere...)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:16 am    Post subject: Re: Cover Flow Reply with quote

jthawke wrote:
SOCOMRAIDER wrote:
I have a G4 Mini and everything is working perfectly.

You have a G4 mini and Cover Flow works for you? I can't imagine what my problem is then. I can see it if I set my monitor to thousands of colors but at millions of colors my 20" ACD refuses to show me anything on that view. The other views are fine.

You must have a smaller monitor or something else is amiss.

My G4 Mac Mini works great with cover flow at 1600x1200. However I do have a stealth upgraded mini so that might be the cause.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: