123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Releases Aperture 1.5 [Intel Mac mini...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Apple Releases Aperture 1.5 [Intel Mac mini... Reply with quote

Apple Releases Aperture 1.5 [Intel Mac mini now supported]
Monday, September 25, 2006

Apple today released Aperture 1.5, an update to its all-in-one post production tool for photographers. According to the company, "Aperture 1.5 delivers compelling new features, including flexible library management that lets you store images anywhere you'd like. The free update also introduces third-party extensions that let you use Aperture as the front end to an expanded workflows. Aperture 1.5 offers RAW support for more than 50 camera models from a wide variety of manufacturers (including Canon, Nikon, Fujifilm, Sony, and others) and extends support to all Intel-based Macs - from the Mac mini and MacBook to the Mac Pro." Aperture 1.5 requires 1GB of RAM and 5GB of free hard drive space.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/534.html
slickrick

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been thinking about buying Aperture for a while with our educational discount. Now that the Mac mini is officially supported, I decided to pick up a copy. Hey, the price tag of $149 is hard to pass up. I also considered buying Adobe Elements 4, but I've heard it runs slow with Rosetta. The user interface and advance tools in Aperture look awesome. I'm not sure if I'll know how to use all those tools, but it should give me a new challenge over the winter now that I'm getting back in photography as a hobby.
nostromo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slickrick wrote:
I've been thinking about buying Aperture for a while with our educational discount. Now that the Mac mini is officially supported, I decided to pick up a copy. Hey, the price tag of $149 is hard to pass up. I also considered buying Adobe Elements 4, but I've heard it runs slow with Rosetta. The user interface and advance tools in Aperture look awesome. I'm not sure if I'll know how to use all those tools, but it should give me a new challenge over the winter now that I'm getting back in photography as a hobby.

The MacMini is supported in the 1.5 version?
Interesting...

Is it for first Gen. MacMinis with Intel or the second Gens.?

I am confused...

-Alfred Tennyson
Weee
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nostromo wrote:

Is it for first Gen. MacMinis with Intel or the second Gens.?

I am confused...

I think people were running Aperture on their Intel Mac minis before. Aperture 1.5 is just the first version to "officially" support the Mac mini and MacBook. I would assume all the Intel Mac minis are good to go, seeing the Core Solo model is supported.
nostromo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will buy the 2007 MacBook Pro and I hope that it will be able to run Aperture without a glitch and smooth as silk... Cause I tried a MacBook Pro in the Apple store with 1GB ram and it didn't seem to work that well, it was struggling... I would like to have one for once that DIDN'T suffer... One that could handle the apps with ease...

It might have been a defective one or something was wrong with the OS, but in any case, it didn't run the app that well...

So where do you stand on the whole Glossy and matt screens with those new laptops?

Till I actually saw the MacBook Pro with the glossy, I was aiming at the matt version. But the screen was so gorgeous and the depth of the photos were just amazing...

What are the pros and cons about it, as a photographer?

Are the colors true?

-Alfred Tennyson
slickrick

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nostromo wrote:

What are the pros and cons about it, as a photographer?

Are the colors true?

Speaking as an amateur photographer, I don't believe there are as many "pros" as you would think with a glossy screen. I have a Sony LCD with Xbrite and it makes my pictures look great, but it also seems to have some strange properties for color matching and printing. Actually, the soft spoofing feature built into Aperture for printing is one of the main things that drew me in. I haven't had the chance to dig into Aperture that far yet, but it's really looking like an awesome tool. I'm also surprised how well it runs on the Mac mini.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: