123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Releases iTunes 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tenex wrote:

The new iTunes has an Audiobook folder/category I'd like to see my audiobooks listed there rather than lumped into the main library. They are all labelled "Audiobook" but I don't listen to them in iTunes nor on an iPod so will a smart playlist help?

What format are your AudioBooks in?

Last edited by devo on Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tenex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ripped in iTunes as MP3s.

& a PPC Mini bought for my Mother
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tenex wrote:
Ripped in iTunes as MP3s.

You need to convert them to M4B's
aquaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the approximate file size of a full-length movie?
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aquaman wrote:
What's the approximate file size of a full-length movie?
Hmmm... a 43 minute TV show is now around 500MB.... so that should give you an idea.

They used to be half that... around 200-250MB with the lower resolution.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really happy with the speed of this version on my G4. It seems to run much snappier. I have a really large music collection and most of my music won't show cover art. Most of these are labled correcly but nothing shows up so this is a broken feature for me. It has also crashed a few times in the past few days and also takes 10-20 secconds to load. I always leave it on so this is not an issue for me but I thought it was interesting to mention.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imfullofit wrote:
I am really happy with the speed of this version on my G4. It seems to run much snappier. I have a really large music collection and most of my music won't show cover art. Most of these are labled correcly but nothing shows up so this is a broken feature for me. It has also crashed a few times in the past few days and also takes 10-20 secconds to load. I always leave it on so this is not an issue for me but I thought it was interesting to mention.

Good for you. Your collection is probably pretty interesting. Many of my favorite albums aren't sold on the iTunes music store either.

I've mentioned in some other posts that I don't like very much of the music produced today. I'm sure there is a lot of very good stuff though. Unfortunately most of the stuff that I get exposed to is what we hear on the radio/tv etc. Most of todays music is written purely to make money.
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone grab the free TV ABC finale downloads???

I got the finale of Lost, Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy for free... for a limited time, only one million downloads of each are free, then bye-bye.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOCOMRAIDER wrote:

I got the finale of Lost, Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy for free... for a limited time, only one million downloads of each are free, then bye-bye.

I grabbed Lost and Grey's Anatomy. Very Happy
MacWaffler

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imfullofit wrote:
I have a really large music collection and most of my music won't show cover art.

I had the same issue with some of my properly lablelled tracks, go to Advanced/Get Album Art and it will try again, takes a little longer but it grabbed a bunch of additional art for me. Note that it won't replace any custom art you have added manually, so you may want to do this before you start doing it the hard way.

I have no idea where I'm going, but I'm making great time...
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOCOMRAIDER wrote:

I'm grabbing them just so I can check out the new resolution. (don't watch any of those shows)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
imfullofit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I had the same issue with some of my properly lablelled tracks, go to Advanced/Get Album Art and it will try again, takes a little longer but it grabbed a bunch of additional art for me. Note that it won't replace any custom art you have added manually, so you may want to do this before you start doing it the hard way.

Thank you so much. It is now working on getting 4000 cover art thingies.

Shocked

Quote:
I've mentioned in some other posts that I don't like very much of the music produced today. I'm sure there is a lot of very good stuff though. Unfortunately most of the stuff that I get exposed to is what we hear on the radio/tv etc. Most of todays music is written purely to make money.

I have found that there is more good music these days than ever before. I believe that it has to do with the fact that you can produce material for a small amount of money and promote and sell it yourself easily. You also need to look around for music these days because radio has gone down hill in a bad way. Take a look around the internet for music that matches your tastes you might be surprised what you find.
LumbermanSVO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listen t a wide variety of music and a good source for it is KEXP i Seattle. You can listen online(in iTunes under Alt/Modern Rock, or kexp.org) and also get lots of podcasts that include in-studio performances and such.

I'm lucky, they are local to me Smile
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that when listening to previews of songs... there are buffer issues. Never had that issue before...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOCOMRAIDER wrote:
I noticed that when listening to previews of songs... there are buffer issues. Never had that issue before...

I've had that issue on the iTunes store for the last couple weeks, before 7 was even announced. The first one or two previews would be smooth, after that they would all start funning into buffering. I would stop previewing for a few and it went away, I had originally chalked it up to my switching form wired to wireless networking, but if it is happening to you as well...

I have no idea where I'm going, but I'm making great time...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: