123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple Releases iTunes 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jthawke

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: Redraw Issues Reply with quote

MacWaffler wrote:
I'm running the mini in my sig with integrated Intel graphics and the covers flow very smoothly at 1680x1050. It did get a little jerky when it was fetching and assigning the art work, but it has been buttery smooth every time since, and being a complete dork I spent a lot of time just zooming through my artwork last night Shocked

I was worried about the Intel graphics when I saw this feature, but once again Apple impresses me. Also remember that 10.4.8 support multi-threaded OpenGL so the mini should get an additional boost in that area as well when it releases (seeded to testerrs last week).

I wish I was at home to flip some covers now, I got all of my missing art corrected last night up through the letter R.

I looked at the Apple forums and lots of people are having this issue. I wonder what the "common cause" might be. The range of machines being discussed is so varied I can't imagine a single reason. In fact, the config on my work and home machine is exactly the same as far as OS and apps.

Very weird.
picaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to sample the new higher-res content, download the free preview for the Morgan Spurlock show "30 Days".

I did this, saved myself $1.99, and saw how much better the content looks than the last stuff I bought (Season 1 of Wonder Showzen--great show but looked like low-res crap IMHO).

The higher-res programs definitely makes it more likely that I'll spend some money on video content.

Smile

Jamie
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep saying... the need to offer free upgrades of already purchased videos to the new resolution....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Redraw Update Reply with quote

Okay, for anyone interested . . . an update on the redraw issue. I got back to my home machine and tried deleting all cover art. Didn't make a difference. I then dragged my iTunes folder to the desktop and relaunched forcing a new, blank library. So far so good. Then I added all the songs back to the library and it immediately went out and grabbed whatever cover art it could find. About half or so, but it was working well. Big test . . . I quite iTunes. On relaunch, same issue came back. Strange thing is, if I reduce colors to thousands, everything is fine. I can then change back to millions, no problems . . . as long as I leave iTunes open. If I quit and relaunch with millions of colors, redraw issues.

I can only assume there is some bad code in this program somewhere and certain combinations of hardware/software/drivers causes a problem.

Maybe iTunes 7.0.1 or OS X 10.4.8 will help . . . but all the Windows users posting this same problem at Apple's site sure are bad mouthing our platform today.
Tenex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a lot of audiobooks in the Library how do I move them to "Audiobook"? I tried drag & drop but that doesn't work.

& a PPC Mini bought for my Mother
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MacWaffler wrote:
And I resolved my missing cover art dilema...

Thanks for this link. That works pretty slick. Still had a couple I had to find off of Google. And now I am all set! Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I purchased.. well I got a free TV show to check out the new resolution...
After it was done downloading... iTunes asked me if I wanted to backup iTunes...
So right now, I'm burning everything (including the videos) onto a few DVDs..
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

idave wrote:
Sparkstack wrote:
get a copy of the old icon here if you like the old one better...

http://www.techmanifesto.com/archives/2005/09/08/the-itunes-icon-timeline/

Doh! I didn't think about the icon in Front Row. Anyone have the green version of MusicIcon.png?

I can send you one from my G4 mini. Check your PMs. I liked the green music icon in Front Row better than the blue since the movies icon was already primarily blue. I might drop that green one back in there myself.
MacWaffler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iMav wrote:
MacWaffler wrote:
And I resolved my missing cover art dilema...

Thanks for this link. That works pretty slick. Still had a couple I had to find off of Google. And now I am all set! Smile

Yea, I had some imported Hendrix I had to Google for and some out of print Doors stuff, but otherwise that widget really filled the gaps.

I have no idea where I'm going, but I'm making great time...
Tenex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tenex wrote:
I have a lot of audiobooks in the Library how do I move them to "Audiobook"? I tried drag & drop but that doesn't work.

BUMP

any ideas or am I missing something very simple?

jthawke

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Last One Reply with quote

Last post on this subject . . . just for fun (as if it were) I did a clean install of Tiger on an external drive, updated to 10.4.7, Quicktime 7.1.3 and iTunes 7.0. Booted from that drive and had the same problem. Conclusion . . . the combination of the G4 mini, 20" ACD and iTunes 7.0 is just too much for the VRAM in that computer. Since thousands of colors works, and since WaffleMan has no issues with the same monitor and the intel mini, we can all surmise that the graphics of the new mini are BETTER than the old mini, embedded or not.

Hey, Waffleman . . . where in Northeast Ohio are you? I grew up there.
MacWaffler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: Last One Reply with quote

jthawke wrote:
Last post on this subject . . . just for fun (as if it were) I did a clean install of Tiger on an external drive, updated to 10.4.7, Quicktime 7.1.3 and iTunes 7.0. Booted from that drive and had the same problem. Conclusion . . . the combination of the G4 mini, 20" ACD and iTunes 7.0 is just too much for the VRAM in that computer. Since thousands of colors works, and since WaffleMan has no issues with the same monitor and the intel mini, we can all surmise that the graphics of the new mini are BETTER than the old mini, embedded or not.

Hey, Waffleman . . . where in Northeast Ohio are you? I grew up there.

Cleveland, actually just outisde of in Medina.

And yea, I played with it more last night, it is smooth on the Intel mini's graphics.

I have no idea where I'm going, but I'm making great time...
jthawke

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Last One Reply with quote

MacWaffler wrote:

Cleveland, actually just outisde of in Medina.

And yea, I played with it more last night, it is smooth on the Intel mini's graphics.

Good thing I'm going to be upgrading soon then. I'm going to look at the new 24" iMac tonight, but I still think I'll end up with the mini.

I grew up in Chagrin Falls and Hudson. In Minnesota now, although I haven't learned to stop rooting for the Browns, Indians and Cavs. Must be a glutton for punishment.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tenex wrote:
Tenex wrote:

BUMP

I'm not sure what you are asking, but have you tried naming the genre on your audiobooks as "audiobook"? Then create an "audiobook" smart playlist.
Tenex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
Tenex wrote:
Tenex wrote:

BUMP

I'm not sure what you are asking, but have you tried naming the genre on your audiobooks as "audiobook"? Then create an "audiobook" smart playlist.

The new iTunes has an Audiobook folder/category I'd like to see my audiobooks listed there rather than lumped into the main library. They are all labelled "Audiobook" but I don't listen to them in iTunes nor on an iPod so will a smart playlist help?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: