123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Iogear MiniView Micro USB KVM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Gear Guide
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Iogear MiniView Micro USB KVM Reply with quote

Product: Iogear MiniView Micro USB KVM
Category: KVM Switches

Summary:
The four port MiniView Micro USB KVM switch from IOGEAR the simplest way to simultaneously run and share audio among four computers with a single USB keyboard, monitor and USB mouse.

This self-powered KVM switch features the unique USB sniffing technology for USB mouse and keyboard emulation to ensure smooth operation, as well as support for Plug-n-Play monitors and most wheel mice. Our patented VSE Video Signal Enhancement technology provides rich, 32-bit color at resolutions up to 2048 x 1536.

Another big plus is the MiniView capability to provide audio support, it allows you to share your multimedia speakers among the connected computers.

This switch also offers multi-platform support; it compatible with Windows and Mac computers as well as Sun Solaris workstations. IOGEAR delivered a huge breakthrough in KVM operation to Mac and Sun users by enabling functionality for the special keys on these systems. When using a PC keyboard, a special set of hot keys are designed to emulate the special keys on Mac and Sun machines.

The Miniview Micro USB KVM has two 6' long KVM cables molded-in, all you need to do is to plug it into your computers and you'e got a complete KVM solution from IOGEAR. In addition, it has two other available ports to connect them to your computers for future expansion. [List Price: $129.95]

pixelnate

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anybody played with one of these? I am looking for a new KVM to replace the one I have with PS2 connectors. I would like DVI monitor connections, but if the price is right...
pixelnate

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks like the right way to go. Does anybody know of a slightly less costly solution?

http://tinyurl.com/7pg6r
Din

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't help you with a less costly option, but I have one of the miniview DVI units you link to right in front of me. It is built to match the price they charge.

It's all metal and a really heavy and solid little sucker. Works very nicely too. It can actually be remotely controlled and updated, and built to accomodate stacking feet, so it was obviously designed with more inductrial than home use in mind.
nobbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks pretty cool. What about controlling two monitors for extended desktops when swtiching between a MacMini and a Windows machine?
Din

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It only has 2 ins 1 out, so you would have to find a way to split the signal between the KVM and the monitors.
iyengar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I contacted tech support about problems with this kvm and known features (bugs) are high end speakers with subwoofers like my JBL Creature makes a loud buzzing noise. When your computer goes to sleep all connection is lost so you can't wake. You need to force shut down and start up again and set to never sleep.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Gear Guide All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: