123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

apple laptop battery recall (over heating)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Notebooks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevinuk42

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: apple laptop battery recall (over heating) Reply with quote

Hi there, please see this article http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/5283424.stm?ls

My powerbook battery gets very very hot, almost to the point where its almost too hot to touch for a long period of time. Anyone else have this problem? I assumed this was something everyone accepted, but it appears from above article that this seems to be a problem that apple now want to sort out by offering replacement batteried FOC.

Thanks

All comments welcome.
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if you think something is functioning differently than you believe it should. Contact the manufacturer right away and address the issue. This way they can keep an early record of the complaint.

So definitely contact Apple and discuss it with them. They might just send you a new battery.

Oh yeah, BTW, have you seen that all the recalls are going to cost Sony $200 million?
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOCOMRAIDER wrote:

Oh yeah, BTW, have you seen that all the recalls are going to cost Sony $200 million?

I read an article that some airlines are considering banning certain Dell and Apple laptops from their flights. This could get worse before it gets better. These companies should be praying that no one gets hurt as a result of the batteries or that 200-400 million dollar figure will look like pocket change.
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devo wrote:
I read an article that some airlines are considering banning certain Dell and Apple laptops from their flights. This could get worse before it gets better. These companies should be praying that no one gets hurt as a result of the batteries or that 200-400 million dollar figure will look like pocket change.
Qantas Airline in Australia has already banned Dell laptop battery usage during their flights. You can only use them while plugged into the airplanes power.
http://macdailynews.com/index.php/weblog/comments/10639/

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My ibook 800 mhz batterye gets hot. do you think I should make a claim. Stressing I will hold them responsible should my ibook bring down a 747?
247 Photography
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

London Luke wrote:
My ibook 800 mhz batterye gets hot. do you think I should make a claim?

If your battery has been recalled, you should.

Quote:
The batteries in question in the 12-inch iBook G4 carry the model number A1061 and serial numbers that run numerically from HQ441 to HQ507.

There's no reason to make any threats.
London Luke

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

free battery time!

heard one guy today who has been going around taking serial numbers off books for sale s/hand and sending in the details!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Notebooks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: