123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Mac User seeks advice - monitor/display & using 4 mu

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> New Users and Switchers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sugarkat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: New Mac User seeks advice - monitor/display & using 4 mu Reply with quote

Hi,

Have used Macs before but not had one of my own. Just about to buy Mini Mac from Apple online. Can anyone give any tips on compatible and AFFORDABLE monitors/displays - Apple's prices are ridiculous! (Who wants to pay more for their monitor that the computer?)

Also, I'm planning to use my new Mini Mac to record audio, sequence/program using Logic Pro 7, and for performance. Anyone else out there doing this? Can you give any advice?

Cheers

Sugarkat
k3lso

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... the prices of the monitors depend of where you live. I´ve got a Dell Ultrasharp 17 LCD for US$ 700 (I actually paid US$ 400 with a special discount). In my country the apple 20" display costs US$ 1,250 !!! But... all depends of what you are looking for.. (DVI or AVI display) AVI displays are cheaper.. digital video (DVI) looks better.. but it´s up to you. Another thing is the size... 17" is great for me..

Anyway, you should buy either Apple, Samsung or Dell monitors.. (they´re the best).. other brands should work well (check with others)

If you´re planning to record audio, keep in mind that the mini doesn´t come with audio-in, so you have to buy an adapter. check the apple store...
14" 600Mhz G3 iBook 256Mb Ram
20 Gb iPod
sugarkat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - that is helpful. From looking I think prices are pretty comparable here in the UK :0(

Yeah, I know I need an adaptor - but thanks anyway. Do you use Mac Mini for recording or performance purposes? I must sound like a right idiot but I've only been using technology to create/perform music (as opposed to voice/live instruments) for 6 months and am on a VERY steep learning curve!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> New Users and Switchers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: