123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mac Mini Convinced me to make the jump to MBP & HD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> New Users and Switchers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheVanMan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Mac Mini Convinced me to make the jump to MBP & HD Reply with quote

Well it has finally happened. I first bought the Mac Mini about 4 months ago hoping to learn the new Mac OSX interface and see what the big deal about the Macs were. Well since then I have to say that I am using my pc less and less. I have fallen in love with the Mac interface and I already upgraded the Ram in my Intel Core Duo Mac Mini to 2Gb and I have purchased a MiniStack 320 Gb hard drive.
After finding out that I was going to be traveling with my company some last month. I decided to make the full jump and I bought the new 17" Mac Book Pro to use while I was on travel. I must say that I am Very impressed with the power and performance with the MBP. And I am hoping to use it even more with my most recent purchase. I have been looking into possibly buying a new Digital Camcorder for some time but I wanted a fast computer that could handle editing HD video before I purchased one. So this past weekend a lot of stores are offering the "No Sales Tax Weekend". So after a lot of research and studying on other sights, I went to Best Buy this weekend and ordered the Digital Camcorder of my dreams. Its the Sony HDR-FX1. And after the No Sales Tax plus the 10% discount coupon I had on 1 item for being a Reward Zone member. I ended up saving around $550 in all.
I haven't recieved the camcorder yet but it should be here in later this week. So my question to everyone is... "Is there anyone here who has the Sony HDR FX1 camcorder and uses a Mac Book Pro for HD Video Editing?" If so, does it works nicely on the MBP? Anyone using Final Cut Studio Express? Hopefully I will be able to test it out next weekend and I will post my thoughts on the new addition to the Mac Family.

Here's a quick link about the new camcorder:
http://www.camcorderinfo.com/content/Sony-Announces-High-Definition1080i-HDR-FX1-First-3-CCD-HDV-Camcorder.htm
2.0 Gb RAM, IOGear KVM Switch
320Gb NewerTech MiniStack HD
Canon EOS 20D SLR Camera
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> New Users and Switchers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: