123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hifi modules next step for MacMini

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nick8ascot

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 5:47 am    Post subject: Hifi modules next step for MacMini Reply with quote

I would like to see one firewire port placed ON TOP of the Mac Mini so that a modular hifi-style system could be built up by simply sitting each one on top of it.

Modular ideas include a Mac Mini Pod which sucks iPods in the front rather like the old Mac floppy disk did, and speakers built into the rest of it. Also, an external hard drive could be styled to fit as one of the modules. The list is of modules endless.

Come on Steve and Jonathon, you know it's a good idea! Smile
nick8ascot

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 7:30 am    Post subject: just seen modules!!! Reply with quote

OK, I've just seen the hard drive modules - they already exist!

But even so, having a firewire port on top so that the modules sit on each other, rather like putting a kettle on its cradle, makes a lot of sense. No extra cables: it just works.

I have an iPod Shuffle and I'd love a special module which will play my music whether the Mac is on or not.
devo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be hard to implement but a great way to get rid of cable clutter!
andp

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: just seen modules!!! Reply with quote

nick8ascot wrote:
OK, I've just seen the hard drive modules - they already exist!

But even so, having a firewire port on top so that the modules sit on each other, rather like putting a kettle on its cradle, makes a lot of sense. No extra cables: it just works.

I have an iPod Shuffle and I'd love a special module which will play my music whether the Mac is on or not.

Like a laptop docking station connector?
nick8ascot

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: just seen modules!!! Reply with quote

Regarding: Like a laptop docking station connector?

Yes, except vertically instead of horizontally. The rim lip around each module holds each one securely in place.

Wouldn't a 'Tivo' styled module be great!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: