123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

anyone know?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:02 am    Post subject: anyone know? Reply with quote

I was wondering what was the interface on the original iPods (I only know it was FireWire only at first), and did it use a regular 2.5" HDD in it because from only pics i've seen it was a tank (just slightly bigger).

"When history is forgotten people don't realize when it repeats."

Going to Missouri S&T!!

Last edited by dungeon92 on Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: anyone know? Reply with quote

dungeon92 wrote:
I was wondering what was the interface on the original iPods (I only know it was FireWire only at first), and did it use a regular 2.5" HDD in it because from only pics i've seen it was a tank.

Na, it still used the 1.8" HDD. They were pretty new, that is why the capacity is low. Not only because it was newer, but also to get cheaper ones to make the iPod more profitable.

The only iPod to use a different sized hard drive was the iPod mini, which was a 1" microdrive (which is a miniature HD in a compact flash form).

A little more spec info on iPods...
http://ipodlinux.org/Generations
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: now connection type? Reply with quote

from any pic's I've seen was it just a regular FirwWire port on top? And was it also on the 2nd gen because those were still mammoth and no mentions of serial ports, but the did have holes on top that were cover by white plastic.

"When history is forgotten people don't realize when it repeats."

Going to Missouri S&T!!
diddy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: now connection type? Reply with quote

dungeon92 wrote:
from any pic's I've seen was it just a regular FirwWire port on top? And was it also on the 2nd gen because those were still mammoth and no mentions of serial ports, but the did have holes on top that were cover by white plastic.

First and second generation iPods were firewire only. The firewire cap was added on for the second generation. The second generation iPods had the 20 gig hard drive as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> iPods All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: