123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Equinux Releases MediaCentral 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ebedgert wrote:
The demo made my Mini crash when I tried to access the IP TV option. Anyone else have this problem?

Nope. Do you have Real Player and WMP installed on your mini? Go into the Systems Preferences >Other > MediaCentral > Extensions > Select IP TV and then Configure. It should say what you need to install.
ebedgert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have RealPlayer, but when I tried to install WMP on my Mini (following the link offered at Media Central's info page), I got an error message saying I couldn't. Apparently it's not Universal yet.

So... if Media Central can't function without WMP, then how is someone using an Intel mini supposed to use Media Central, an allegedly "Universal" application?
mjstempf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Network DVD watching is too choppy... Reply with quote

I tried out this product...which works quite well...but I have all of my DVDs ripped to a network server in the house. The Mac-Mini is using wireless to access the DVDs. When I play a DVD I get quite a bit of stuttering...they have settings for IPTV and such to queue up data (from 50 megs to over 3 gigs) to keep this from happening with them..but I dont see a way to do that with DVDs.

Thats my biggest problem with the product.
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Network DVD watching is too choppy... Reply with quote

mjstempf wrote:
I tried out this product...which works quite well...but I have all of my DVDs ripped to a network server in the house. The Mac-Mini is using wireless to access the DVDs. When I play a DVD I get quite a bit of stuttering...they have settings for IPTV and such to queue up data (from 50 megs to over 3 gigs) to keep this from happening with them..but I dont see a way to do that with DVDs.

Thats my biggest problem with the product.

I think that has more to do with streaming DVDs wirelessly than with MediaCentral. I ended up connecting my mini via ethernet for this very reason.
wyzard

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So are you saying that by using Media Central 2.0, you can't use a mini TOS-Link optical cable to get sound for DVDs, music, etc.?

Thanks.
wyzard

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neilwozau wrote:
- DVD's can now be picked up off network drives: this works really well, I have ripped DVD folders sitting on multiple Network drives, and so long as I drop a shortcut for the DVD folder into the My DVD's folder. Everything works fine. Also displaying the cover art for the DVD's is as simple as dropping a .jpg into the DVD's folder..

How do you get the cover art to show up? I have Video_TS folders sitting on my network drive. I dropped a JPG into the top level of the folder and it is not showing on the My DVD screen in Media Central?

Where does it need to be? I'm sure I'm not doing something right, but would like to see if I can get this to work.

Thanks.
neilwozau

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wyzard,

Yes that was me first thought as well at getting the DVD images to work. I have since spoken to Media Central and got the correct instructions. Set out your folders and image files like this:

Folder: Finding Nemo sub-folder: VIDEO_TS
image: Finding Nemo.jpg

So the image has to be at the same level as the folder containing the VIDEO_TS, not within that folder or within the VIDEO_TS folder.

Makes the MyDVD folder a bit messy...

And to answer your previous question, the optical TOS-link cable can be used to transmit audio to a reciever from the Mac Mini... but it will only be 2-channel sound. Media Central down-mixes the 5-channel sound rather than passing it through to the reciever to decode. They have promissed to improve this.

Hope this helps.

2 x Mac Mini, 1 x PB, 1 x iBook
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 2.0.1 is out!

Version 2.0.1 (07/17/2006)
Added: TV Tuner settings for Australia
Added: Apple Remote deactivates screensaver so sleep mode won't become active during using MediaCentral
Added: Option for showing window always in front
Added: Support for RealPlayer .smil files in „My IP TV" folder
Improved: Detection of EyeTV EZ after using EyeTV
Improved: TV Tuner settings for France
Improved: TV Tuner settings for United Kingdom
Improved: The MediaCentral installer now uninstalls former versions of MediaCentral correctly
Improved: Find iTunes Library that was moved from the original location
Improved: Preview images in „My Movies" are displayed correctly
Improved: Preview images in „My DVDs" are displayed correctly
Improved: Loading speed of online content at program start
Improved: Automatic start of MediaCentral after system start
Imrpoved: Enlarged table column for channel number in TV Tuner
Improved: Resolving of Aliases of VIDEO_TS folder
Improved: Reliability of Radio Module
Improved: Fixed a crash problem after leaving Radio
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neilwozau wrote:
wyzard,

Yes that was me first thought as well at getting the DVD images to work. I have since spoken to Media Central and got the correct instructions. Set out your folders and image files like this:

So the image has to be at the same level as the folder containing the VIDEO_TS, not within that folder or within the VIDEO_TS folder.

I figured that out myself after some trial and error. I saw in the manual that you need to have the same name for artwork in the Movies folder. It says you can name it anything in the DVD folder, but I figured that was an error. I'm still having some trouble getting all the artwork to show up, but the release notes for version 2.0.1 mentions something about "Preview images in "My DVDs" are displayed correctly". I hope that gets it working better. I'm downloading 2.0.1 right now, but it's going super slow.
wyzard

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

curt wrote:
neilwozau wrote:
wyzard,

I figured that out myself after some trial and error. I saw in the manual that you need to have the same name for artwork in the Movies folder. It says you can name it anything in the DVD folder, but I figured that was an error. I'm still having some trouble getting all the artwork to show up, but the release notes for version 2.0.1 mentions something about "Preview images in "My DVDs" are displayed correctly". I hope that gets it working better. I'm downloading 2.0.1 right now, but it's going super slow.

I've got 2.0.1.

I'm not getting it to work.. I have the following:

Main Folder - Skeleton Key
Sub Folder - VIDEO_TS - Skeleton Key.jpg is here.

So it goes Skeleton Key within this folder is the JPG and the VIDEO_TS file.

Not getting and cover art showing when I highlight Skeleton Key in the MY DVD section of Media Central.

Thanks again for the help.
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wyzard wrote:

I've got 2.0.1.

Not getting and cover art showing when I highlight Skeleton Key in the MY DVD section of Media Central.

You don't put the Skeleton Key.jpg inside the Skeleton Key folder. You just need to put it in the My DVDs "Main" folder.
wyzard

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

curt wrote:
wyzard wrote:

I've got 2.0.1.

You don't put the Skeleton Key.jpg inside the Skeleton Key folder. You just need to put it in the My DVDs "Main" folder.

Thanks I got it!!
thekonuskid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where did you get 2.0.1-- i'm just not seeing it anywhere. where/how did you get your update? i ask this because i went into preferences under the media central area and where the box is checked 'check for updates periodically' i clicked the button next to it that says "check now" and it didn't even look like anything happened (and i'm assuming that's the way most of you have updated). did you go about it another way (again, i'm guessing 'no'? but if not-- what might be causing that to happen. i click the button and nothing happens (and in case you were wondering, i *do* have a liscenced copy of 2.0 that i'm trying to update). any thoughts?
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wyzard wrote:
Thanks I got it!!

That's good to hear!

thekonuskid wrote:
where did you get 2.0.1-- i'm just not seeing it anywhere. where/how did you get your update? i ask this because i went into preferences under the media central area and where the box is checked 'check for updates periodically' i clicked the button next to it that says "check now" and it didn't even look like anything happened (and i'm assuming that's the way most of you have updated). did you go about it another way (again, i'm guessing 'no'? but if not-- what might be causing that to happen. i click the button and nothing happens (and in case you were wondering, i *do* have a liscenced copy of 2.0 that i'm trying to update). any thoughts?

I just happened to be on their website last night looking at the user manual and saw it on their blog. I didn't even use the check now update button. I simply downloaded 2.0.1 and installed it over 2.0.
wyzard

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed a couple of things that I was wondering if someone could help me with...

1. The navigation seems slow. I'm using the apple remote and it takes some time for it to move from one movie to the next. Is normal or is there a way I can fix it?

2. I've converted my videos to MP4 and when they play in Media Central they're choppy. Playing them from Front Row they are fine. Any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: