123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Western Digital hard drives

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
microfox

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:57 am    Post subject: Western Digital hard drives Reply with quote

For those interested...maybe you're entitled to receive free back up software ?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060627/ap_on_hi_te/disk_drive_settlement_1

2.0GHz Core2Duo Mac mini, 2 Gb RAM,120Gb HD + 1Tb LaCie external HD, Hauppauge PVR 950 USB TV Tuner stick, running 10.8.2

iPad 3rd generation, 32Gb

IPod Touch 4th generation 32Gb
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:42 am    Post subject: bull crap Reply with quote

stupid people who know nothing about computers are probably the ones who took this to court. This does explain why some companies define 1GB=1 billion bytes (on Apple iPod case), but this could be viewed as Microsofts fault in some cases if an OS viewed 1GB as equaling 1,000,000,000 bytes in fact the only reason this passed may have very well have been do to the fact that all OS currently available define 1GB as 1073741824 bytes. Now, I just need to create an OS that views 1GB as 1,000,000,000 bytes then submit this as evidence next time this kind of lawsuit comes up and hold the bases for the case null and void therefore throwing out the case and making it impossible to bring any case of this kind to court. Now, if WD defined 1GB like Apple does would that make them unresponsible and also isn't Apple sueable since the HDD size is off along with every computer maker since it is common knowledge that the measurements differ from maker to OS? I hate it when stupid cases like this pass then so many other cases could be brought to court when it's a matter of not being knowledgeable enough to know these things god I knew about the difference when I was 7 because I asked the computer lab teacher about the discrepancy and odd sizes. Now, if I plat dumb does that mean I can sue as well for my area?

"When history is forgotten people don't realize when it repeats."

Going to Missouri S&T!!
xmen65
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who would sue over something so stupid? This is definitely a case of RTF box or manual. Laughing
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xmen65 wrote:
Who would sue over something so stupid? This is definitely a case of RTF box or manual. Laughing

Rich Text Format the box or manual? Wink
iLife's a Bitch!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: