123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple's Mac Mini, high end iPod sales slowing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> More News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charles
News Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Apple's Mac Mini, high end iPod sales slowing Reply with quote

Apple's Mac Mini, high end iPod sales slowing
"New York (MarketWatch) - Shares of Apple Computer (AAPL) fell 44 cents to $35.11 Tuesday after an analyst's research showed robust but mixed demand for Apple products. Thomas Weisel Partners analyst Kevin Hunt told clients that while checks suggested continued strong demand for iMac G5, refreshed power book and iPods -- especially iPod Mini and Shuffle -- Mac Mini sales are disappointing and high-end iPods appear to have slowed down considerably. "Our checks suggest Mac Mini sales are somewhat slow, as consumers realize that price including monitor is no bargain," he said. Hunt maintains his Peer Perform rating on Apple with a current fair value range of $26 to $38, "suggesting that current valuation is reasonable, but on the high side."

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/newsfinder/pulseone.asp?dateid=38489.5742175463-835495837&doctype=2005&siteid=mktw&selCount=100&value=Apple&property=word&
g5g5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me or is there a backlash starting against the mini? Confused
iLife's a Bitch!
aquaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it started with the VGA complaints and is growing. I can see people complaining about technical issues but some of these performance whiners are getting out of control. The mini is what it is...I'm happy with mine. This analcyst doesn't get it...."as consumers realize that price including monitor is no bargain" Like people are buying $399 Dells for the display! They can have the free shitty VGA monitor and all the viruses and spyware that go along with it.
dbatrium

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,
Don't worry Microsoft and intel have been looking at
Mini Ture_MacJournal articles in the last couple of days, I think the negative tone was perhaps meant to be timed with Microsofts announcements which I might add are without being able to ship products. They have been hit one two Mac mini and Tiger and are reeling.

I would not worry at all it is just that the PC boys have no answer for the Mac mini at all and they dont like to be caught out like they have been with a revolutionary product.

Sour grapes and sour faces does not in anyway put off a genuine user of the Mac mini. Laughing

Cheer up all this is only early days yet
JJ Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> More News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: