123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Boot Camp Tutorial?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Alternative Operating Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wasabi J

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Boot Camp Tutorial? Reply with quote

Hi, Long-time reader first time poster

I'm very interested in using bootcamp on the re-furb mini I have coming in soon, and am curious if there has been anyone who has made a sort of "Boot Camp driver bundle" or a tutorial on the process... I wouldn't imagine it would be too hard, considering there's only two flavors of Intel mini, and even those are more alike than any PC.

I'm looking to get a few GOTY type games to run steadily (800x600, maybe max 30-40 FPS) and to get 3DS Max on the XP side. Any foreseeable problems or words of wisdom to anyone who is trying the bootcamp install that isn't covered by the standard instructions?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you need an extra tutorial. Setting up Boot Camp is really easy and Apple has an excellent .PDF guide. I would just recommend that you pay extra attention to steps 3 and 4 in the guide. Also make sure you have a wired keyboard and mouse handy as well as a blank CD to burn the drivers. If run into any trouble, post back. I will use the watch this topic for replies feature to keep an eye out.

http://images.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/pdf/Boot_Camp_Beta_Setup_Guide.pdf
Alexis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if you still keep an eye on this post, but maybe you can help me. I've slipstream xp with sp2 and when come the moment to restart my mini, I get this message
<windows root>\system32\hal.dll is missing or corrupt, reinstall this file and bla bla bla.
Did you or anyone else had this problem before? I really don't know how to fix it.
I've tried to download a new hal.dll file and copy it in the system32 directory, but it still doesn't work.
So far I really enjoy my mini, but the fact that I could install windows on it really convince me to switch from pc to mac.
Thanks for your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Alternative Operating Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: