Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Location: Charlotte, NC
|Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:10 am Post subject:
|Update: I received a new press release from IOSPIRIT this morning:
IOSPIRIT GmbH is proud to announce the immediate availability of preview 4 of version 1.0 of its application for remote controls for MacOS® X. Remote Buddy enables you to fully control a Mac via its included Apple Remote (or any other supported remote). The new, built-in Behaviour Construction Kit does now allow the creation of Behaviours without requiring programming skills. A video on the Remote Buddy website shows - using CoverFlow as an example - how to make an application remote control ready within less than five minutes.
Now also supported by default are Acrobat Pro, CoverFlow, Quinn, GarageBand, NetNewsWire, MPlayer OSX and Exposé. Furthermore, the menu navigation has been made more intuitive and two new button combinations for the Apple Remote have been introduced.
Thanks to a neatless integration with both Front Row and EyeTV 2, new and old Macs alike are completed to real media centers. It's also possible to control applications, filesystem, mouse and keyboard solely via a remote control. Besides the Apple Remote, this version also supports the "Keyspan RF Remote for Front Row", which thus allows the usage of Remote Buddy on less recent Macs. The introductory price for Remote Buddy is just 9,99 EUR (approximately 12.70 US-Dollar). .
New since the third preview version:
* NEW: The new Behaviour Construction Kit makes it a breeze to create new behaviours. Create your own behaviours using your own blend of AppleScript, keystrokes, mouse wheel events and more. Complete with syntax highlighting and tools that help you debug and test your creations quickly and without hassle. Except for the AppleScript part, the Behaviour Construction Kit can be used without any programming skills.
* NEW: Global mapping for remote controls allows hard-wiring buttons to frequently used functionality.
* NEW: Optional emulation of two additional button states: plus (held) and minus (held).
* NEW: Behaviour for Adobe Acrobat Pro added.
* NEW: Behaviour for CoverFlow added.
* NEW: Behaviour for Quinn added.
* NEW: Behaviour for GarageBand added.
* NEW: Behaviour for NetNewsWire and NetNewsWire Lite added.
* NEW: Behaviour for MPlayer OSX added.
* NEW: Behaviour for Exposé added (find it in "System").
* NEW: Fast user switching is now detected and handled correctly by Remote Buddy.
* Enhancement: Behaviours can now be activated/deactivated selectively.
* Enhancement: Remote Buddy can now also reboot your machine.
* Enhancement: Whenever you can go up a level in the menu, an appropriate arrow is now displayed for the selection.
* Enhancement: Unmapped hold button codes are now automagically remapped to their normal button code counterparts.
* Enhancement: The mapping help screen is now changed on the fly if you make any changes there.
* Enhancement: Improved agility in the Apple Remote driver. If you had the impression, Remote Buddy did miss a button press once in a while: this issue is no more (at least for Remote Buddy users).
* Enhancement: The iTunes and EyeTV behaviour are now customizable via dedicated option panes inside the mappings pane.
* Enhancement: The EyeTV behaviour now also offers the ability to start/stop recording
* Enhancement: Screen saver deactivation can now be turned on/off.
* Enhancement: Improved reliability and speed of behaviour bundle installation.
* Enhancement: The Front Row behaviour does now dismiss Dashboard upon its selection.
* Fix: Now handles screen resolution changes correctly.
* Fix: A rare Front Row related problem when selecting Music was fixed.
* Fix: Hidden docks located on the left side of the screen can now be reached, too.
* Fix: Problem fixed where Keynote and EyeTV would sometimes be relaunched by Remote Buddy if they were quit manually.
* Fix: Improved reliability of the EyeTV and keyboard sequences behaviour menus.