123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Odd Thing Happened in Boot Camp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Alternative Operating Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omega

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: Odd Thing Happened in Boot Camp Reply with quote

Okay so I've been a longtime Windoze user, and my best friend had a powerbook and I loved what it could do so I bought a Mini with the Intel Core Solo and I love it as can be expected with all Macs. Anyway so I had a few games that on my windoze box, i enjoyed very much, such as Sims 2. So I ran up bootcamp just to use for some gaming and use the OSX partition for the rest like work stuff and multimedia stuff. Righto, so I got the driver CD, installed XP, but there was no sound drivers! It wouldn't read the mini's soundcard and it wouldn't even read the entire driver CD before crapping out and me needing to CTRL-ALT-DEL the box and unfreeze it. It sucked. So I uninstalled the partitioun, gave the spaace back to the OSX partition and retained the Macness. I'd love to try this again, but I dunno.

Is there any solution in sight?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LittleBigGuy

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi...

I don't have an intel mini yet (still using a rev A ppc) but as I understand it boot camp comes with a feature whereby you can burn a cd with all the necessary drivers for any mac.

I am not sure how to burn this disk, but I'm sure that the boot camp area on the apple website has the instructions.

Good luck
threeshardvisage

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: Re: Odd Thing Happened in Boot Camp Reply with quote

Omega wrote:
Okay so I've been a longtime Windoze user, and my best friend had a powerbook and I loved what it could do so I bought a Mini with the Intel Core Solo and I love it as can be expected with all Macs. Anyway so I had a few games that on my windoze box, i enjoyed very much, such as Sims 2. So I ran up bootcamp just to use for some gaming and use the OSX partition for the rest like work stuff and multimedia stuff. Righto, so I got the driver CD, installed XP, but there was no sound drivers! It wouldn't read the mini's soundcard and it wouldn't even read the entire driver CD before crapping out and me needing to CTRL-ALT-DEL the box and unfreeze it. It sucked. So I uninstalled the partitioun, gave the spaace back to the OSX partition and retained the Macness. I'd love to try this again, but I dunno.

Is there any solution in sight?

I dont know if this is your problem, but I didnt have service pack 2, and its required for bootcamp, the disc that is burned by Boot Camp only works if you have XP Service Pack 2 installed... if thats not the problem try to download a driver off the internet for your sound card... Anyways just a guess, relating to a problem that I have had... As far as i know the sound card driver should be a part of the package... the only problem is it will play out of your internal mini speakers as well as the ones you have attached...
ahmedmo

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i got my mac mini last tuesday and I installed boot camp yesterday. It runs very good and I didn't have any problems with drivers.

When I installed the drivers, my computer froze for a short while but after some time it was all fine. Every driver is included.

I think that if you used Ctrl+Alt+del you might have interrupted some install procedure. I think that you should try again.

offabroadway

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahmedmo has the right idea. Try it again. You won't hurt your Mac OS X partition by reinstalling Boot Camp. I've done it about three times since I got my Mini, it's only been like a month. Very Happy I had the same issue, but you just have to let it take it's time.

~GF to get an iMac? Converting the masses... *grin*~
SportsterCat69

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed boot camp within an hour of getting my Core Duo Mini. I burned the driver disk via the boot camp install and all went great. I actually installed Media Center 05 via a bootable one disk DVD. So far no issues at all. I would just do like everyone recommends, try it again and let it just run. Boot Camp actually works better than a lot of people would like to admit! Wink
ahmedmo

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it works very well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Alternative Operating Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: