123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

the so called "help" feature....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thekonuskid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:07 am    Post subject: the so called "help" feature.... Reply with quote

Hi all,
whenever I try to open "Help" from finder (or any other app in tiger pretty much)... the help viewer comes up but it's blank. When I click on the button that looks like a house (home, i'm assuming), a screen comes up that says 'what's new in tiger' 'typical customer issues' yada yada yada..... but when i click on any of the links.... nothing happens. then when i type an item into the search field to try and find something that way.... the search indicator just keeps spinning and spinning and spinning (not a 'beachball, mind you... but the thing that spins to indicate it's searching). any thoughts on how i could fix it? i *would* consult the mac help section on my computer..... but alas... that's where the problems lies. thanks.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go here
thekonuskid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks B-Bill..... I ended up cleaning every possible cache i could, installing pacifist, and then reinstalling the help package..... seems to work just fine for now.... and if it messes up in the future.... i know what to do. thanks buddy.
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thekonuskid wrote:
Thanks B-Bill..... I ended up cleaning every possible cache i could, installing pacifist, and then reinstalling the help package..... seems to work just fine for now.... and if it messes up in the future.... i know what to do. thanks buddy.

You're very welcome. But, I can't take all the credit. I learned that from member: homerjatmoes

That's what this site is all about.
Along with having fun!!! Smile
WC3_Gamer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B Bill! Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: