123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mac Mini at Best Buy Today

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nthe10ring

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Mac Mini at Best Buy Today Reply with quote

Was at Best Buy today, they had several minis hooked up and running, one to a 42 inch plasma tv. Im new to macs, was nice to finally get a chance to play with one, think i might wait to see what comes next before i take the plunge though.

nthe10ring
Ken4757

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Mac Mini at Best Buy Today Reply with quote

nthe10ring wrote:
Was at Best Buy today, they had several minis hooked up and running, one to a 42 inch plasma tv. Im new to macs, was nice to finally get a chance to play with one, think i might wait to see what comes next before i take the plunge though.

nthe10ring

You're lucky, The Best Buy in my town has the same problem(s) that Mac users have dealt with over the years. They had one Mac Mini hooked up to a Sony 600 dollar monitor and setting between several loaded pc's and a sales man with an attitude. So, i'm wandering around the store and ran across this Mini sitting there, and already owning one, I decided to check this one out and the salesman at the same time.

So I proceeded to ask the salesman about the Mini. The first words out of this kids mouth is, I Hate Macs and proceeded to give me all the drivel that i've heard since the late nineties about how Macs sucks. I gave him my speal and told him, If you haven't tried the Mac recently, how can you make such statements? I left the store with the salesman scratching his head.

BTW I love my mini.

Ken
nthe10ring

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Not Much Attention Reply with quote

There are two Minis set up at this Best Buy, one on the back of the store running the Plasma TV, it was on the bottom shelf and I just happened to look down and see it. It appears they are just using it to push the Plasma Monitor.
The other one is set up with nice 19" Flat Panel and is in the section where the Laptops are. Ive been there several times just to play with it and am gettin somewhat comfortable with the Mac software, though far from adept at it. Ive only seen a few brave souls other than myself that showed any interest at all. It appears that a few seemed to think it was some kind of Notebook , since it was in that area. I did speak to one salesman that said they had not sold any, but he liked it and was thinking about getting one to play with in addition to his PC.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: