123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

After Mac Pro

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AJagor92

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: After Mac Pro Reply with quote

What will Apple be focusing on after the mac pro? Anyone thinking that they'll bring out a new ipod, or maybe a phone?
2Gb Ipod Mini
Jbl Speaker/Ipod Dock
BT Keyboard/Mouse
60 Gb iPod Video (stolen)
30 Gb iPod Video U2 Edition

Dell Inspiron 5100 Laptop
Windows XP

Dell Dimension 4300 Used as Media Center. (rarely used)
MiniMoe
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XServe, if not at the same time as Mac Pro. iPods are continually upgraded. Don't see a phone in their future.
Apple USB Modem (for faxing), Bose Companion 2 Speakers
2.0GHz white MacBook 1GB/80GB
xmen65
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they will come out with a new iPod and Mac Pro at the World Wide Developers Conference. After that, I see them releasing a new iMac in the fall. The iMac is starting to get a little long in the tooth. I could also see them updating the Cimema displays over the next couple of months.
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: which CPU though Reply with quote

do you think Apple will use the 800MHz FSB dual core 64-bit LGA 775 socket CPUs in the Mac Pro?

here is a NewEgg link for the CPUs that I'm talking about
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?N=2010340343+1051707842+1302820275+1051107411+1050716915&Submit=ENE&SubCategory=343
they are actually pretty decent too, but I must say that the 533MHz FSB 2.66GHz version is best for any one who has gone mad and wants to build a PC since you can OC it very nicely.

"When history is forgotten people don't realize when it repeats."

Going to Missouri S&T!!
boxcar182

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Mac Pro will sport the new Conroe chips that are coming out later this year, now I'm torn between a base model Mac Pro, or a maxed out 2GHz MacBook.
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Conroe chips would be nice. But the "Kentsfield" chips are what I would like to see inside of the Mac Pro.

Hell, why don't they throw in a Woodcrest while they're at it. Since a Mac Pro is basically a workstation.

Well we are due for a new iPod. The iMacs will probably be the first to be upgraded. I don't think they will change its layout until next year or so. Maybe they will just make it with less chin or no chin at all. Then hopefully they will give more options on the MacBook Pros, like some black anodization on the aluminum.

There is also that little thing called the eMac. LCDs are a lot cheaper now, so like some of the guesses are, the eMac might go the LCD route. But I wouldn't expect it to be any more powerful than a Mac Mini. Albeit, only a Core Solo, Max 2GB and the usual integrated graphics. Either that or they would go for one of those thinner CRT tubes, even though they have massive defective rates.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boxcar182 wrote:
I think the Mac Pro will sport the new Conroe chips that are coming out later this year, now I'm torn between a base model Mac Pro, or a maxed out 2GHz MacBook.

Your intended usage MUST be able to help you narrow that down a BIT. (considering the wide differences. The high-end workstation v. the low-end portable) Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
boxcar182

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's for video editing mainly, I think the macbook would be adiquit as video editing does not require a killer graphics card, only a lot of CPU power, it's just my spending limit is about 3 grand, as I can make that by september, (stupid taxes, I hate it, being just a kid and all.) so I don't know the mabook would be quicker to get, but if I waited and got a Mac Pro, then I could just pop the case open and upgrade it

I think I made my decision, buy a Mac Pro and a MacBook down the road from now, when I feel the need for a portable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: