123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Windows software

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Alternative Operating Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Axegrinder

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Windows software Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm completely new to this so bear with me. Is all Windows software compatible with the intel mac mini?

I'm tempted to buy one but I need to be sure that I can continue to develop in Visual Studio 2005 and .Net 2.0. If so, I can ditch my PC altogether.

Thanks
yeep

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you install Boot Camp on it it will work like any PC.
offabroadway

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Yeep said, install the Boot Camp beta, then burn the Mac Drivers CD, and using your Windows disk, install XP on the other partition. Install what you need. Then you can dual boot between the two. Just remember you need to take all the necessary security precautions you would as if you were running on a PC box Smile OS X can't save your butt if you're not running it. And also keep in mind that while Apple provides you with the means to do this, they don't support any issues you encounter with the software.

~GF to get an iMac? Converting the masses... *grin*~
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont for get about Parallels as well.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SportsterCat69

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer your question simply......yes 99% of the time. That is true of all "PCs" not just Intel Macs. I am running Media Center on my Mini, and have all the same software as on my 3.0Ghz Dell. All is good and well, and everything runs perfectly. As a matter of fact some run better on the Mini, Windows even runs better and more stable on the Mini! I purchased my Intel Mini for just the same reason as you are considering.....so I could dump my PC. I get closer to that everyday. The only reason I even still have my PC at this point, is because I have so much on it that needs to be moved over. As soon as my MiniStack gets here I will have the needed space to make the final move!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Alternative Operating Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: