123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mac Mini to Panasonic for Home Theater

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini HTPC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
david.coates

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Mac Mini to Panasonic for Home Theater Reply with quote

Hello, I'm in the process of connecting a Mac Mini via DVI to component to a Panasonic Plasma. Any recommendations on issues to look out for?

Thanks!
offabroadway

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am, by trade, a home theatre sales associate, and have seen a lot of these done, though not specifically with a Mini. My suggestion is to run direct DVI into your Panasonic device. Converting from DVI to Component is not only expensive, but also degrades the finer resolution images you get with your DVI cable. Unless you don't have DVI input on your Panasonic, I wouldn't use anything else. Go Montster Cable if you can.

Run the Mini at it's highest widescreen resolution, and consider getting a memory upgrade if you run at 512Mb, say to 1GB, because the video memory is sapped off the system memory, and it only gets more demanding at higher resolutions.

Above all, enjoy it! Smile Its about fives times as easy to use, pleasing to look at, and reliable than a MediaCenter PC.

~GF to get an iMac? Converting the masses... *grin*~
ninjamini

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conversion is easy and can be done with out too much loss. It is however expensive. Try a DVDO:

http://www.dvdo.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini HTPC All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: