123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apple debuts new 13-inch widescreen MacBook
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Notebooks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iMav wrote:

As much as I want one of these, I just can't justify replacing my less-than-a-year-old 1.33Ghz G4 iBook.

My guess is... given time you'll rationalize enough reasons to justify the purchase. One of them being... to make us all jealous .
Tenex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They'r quite appealing but the way the cost ramps up it would almost certainly convince me to save pennies and get a Pro.

& a PPC Mini bought for my Mother
picaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit Bill wrote:
My guess is... given time you'll rationalize enough reasons to justify the purchase. One of them being... to make us all jealous .

Razz Laughing

You know him too well. He's already halfway through the rationalization process. I give him two weeks before he's posting XBench MacBook scores.

I still think the white $1299 MacBook is an incredible deal and good enough for the majority of users. But $700 more for an Pro gets you (among other things) a bigger screen, an ExpressCard slot and a separate graphics card. And those are all great things to have, especially if you are looking to keep the machine for a long time.

Smile

Jamie
queens_nyc

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

picaman wrote:
Bandit Bill wrote:

Razz Laughing

You know him too well. He's already halfway through the rationalization process. I give him two weeks before he's posting XBench MacBook scores.

I still think the white $1299 MacBook is an incredible deal and good enough for the majority of users. But $700 more for an Pro gets you (among other things) a bigger screen, an ExpressCard slot and a separate graphics card. And those are all great things to have, especially if you are looking to keep the machine for a long time.

Smile

Jamie

Definitely. For those not willing to dole out the additional $700 for the Pro, the MacBook is a great deal. So much so, I'm halfway tempted to sell my new Core Duo Mini to get one. But I love this Mini!

MACBOOK PRO
15.4"::2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo::2 GB RAM::120 GB HD

AIRPORT
Extreme Base Station w/ Gigabit

iPOD
20 GB::White
80 GB::Silver
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got at LEAST two of them showing up at work this week. I need to check out that keyboard...with all the space between the keys it looks pretty funky.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got the chance to get my hands on both MacBooks (white and black). Sadly, I absolutely HATE the glossy screen! It was like looking in a mirror. You'd have to VERY conscious of the lighting in the room you use the MacBook in. Overall a very disappointing experence for me.

(the rest of the system, including the keyboard, is great. However, getting past that glossy screen is going to be impossible for me) Sad
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MiniMoe
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanna try one outdoors... I have a feeling it's gonna be grim.
Apple USB Modem (for faxing), Bose Companion 2 Speakers
2.0GHz white MacBook 1GB/80GB
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Notebooks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: