123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FastMac Unveils Painted Cases for Mac mini
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you really must have a standard non-painted case as a 2nd case. Just simply search for it on eBay. I say eBay, because on some Mac parts websites, the top can go for over $120. But you can find one on eBay from time to time, for easily $50. Sometimes you can even get one for as cheap as $20. Some also even come with the bottom housing and AC adapter brick.
I learned this, well because I got a 2nd top enclosure off of eBay and well, painted it flat black.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't imagine anyone wanting to change the color of their Mac mini to bubblegum, but I guess that's what makes the world go around. Retro on the other hand is pretty cool. Call me plain, but I don't think you can do better than the Mac mini's silver and white color scheme. It goes well with a majority of the gear out there.
iMav
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

droopy1592 wrote:
I just hope their process is better than Colorware, as I had issues with them painting the optical drive dust cover. That was a pain in the ass. Every time you put a CD the paint on the dust cover would scratch your CDs.

Really? For some reason I thought Colorware was a bit more competant then that...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't go wrong with the classic Apple logo. Just look at my avatar! Very Happy
Xao

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:38 am    Post subject: Anyone get theirs yet? Reply with quote

Just curious if anyone has gotten one of these covers from Fastmac yet and can comment on the quality?

I'm specificaly looking at either the Retro, Onyx, or Chili cover.

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: