123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mac Mini review by Windows user

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ranger1021

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Mac Mini review by Windows user Reply with quote

http://www.divisiontwo.com/articles/MacMini2.html

WOW!!!
Before I saw this I didn't think people could be so stupid.
HME

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Poor standards compliance: Apple's Safari web browser often fails to render MSN properly.

This is hilarious to me. It often fails to render Microsoft's non-standards!

Quote:
The faithful: A set of praying hands exalts Mac mini to the heavens.

You got it!

This must be a joke, either that or whoever wrote this must have a negative IQ.
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: OS X stripped down? Reply with quote

Hell no it's what is used on all Macs that jackass and a computer you can get at a gas station doen't seem like a good idea.

"My Office 2003 CD would not install, despite claims I had heard from Mac fanboys that OS X is compatible with Office"
why would a Windows install disc work in a Mac, it meant iWork can import and export .doc files that idiot.

My favorite quotes:
"When I consider that a good deal of my time is spent running applications like Disk Defragmenter, Scandisk, Norton AV, Windows Update and Ad-Aware--none of which are available for the Mac platform--it doesn't make sense for me to "switch" to a Mac at this time."and
"In today’s climate of non-stop worms, trojans and viruses, releasing a computer with no virus removal software is irresponsible on the part of Apple."
a duh you don't need that stuff normally if there is a virus Apple has a patch in a week and the other stuff is in their you just have to know your way around.

another good few lines:
"As for the style of the unit, it’s alright. It reminds me of a ShuttlePC. But since its sleek look comes at the expense of the parallel port, serial ports, the PS/2 ports and the drive bays, potential Mac mini buyers should ask themselves just how much utility they’re willing to sacrifice for style. Oh, did I forget to mention that the Mini has no PCI slots either? And no floppy disk drive?"
most of what he just mentioned isn't standard anymore except PCI slot's I only use two of those floppy for school (old PCs) and serial (LEGO spybot from 2001 PC only).

more idiotics:
"...I could get a Mac mini computer for $499 and have no keyboard or mouse, no serial ports, no way to connect a printer, no PS/2 ports, no floppy drive, no 5.25" bays, no PCI slots, no speakers, and no Windows XP...
...or I could grab an equally stylish, full-featured eMachine at the gas station with a bag of chips for less than half the Mini's price, with the added benefit of being able to run Windows XP. Decisions, decisions."
you don't need that stuff on a Mac except speakers and get a USB printer and why does he think Windows XP is so great (refer to second quote).

and lastly:
"The Mini boots up into a stripped-down operating system which Apple calls OS X, similar to the stripped-down WindowsCE OS found on many handhelds. The mini OS is going to be a significant hurdle for many buyers who are used to Windows or have favorite Windows software packages they need to use. Think of it more as a first computer for your daughter or niece than as a machine to get any serious work done and you’ll get the point of the Mini and its target market. It might also be the perfect computer for grandmothers or autistic children, for example."
WHAT THE HELL I think he is the autistic child (for proof read other quotes especially first and second) who thinks a pocket PC which crashes as well as a regular PC and can get a virus from a host PC has a better if not equal OS to OS X.

These are just a few GREASTEST JACKASS/IDIOT QUOTES OF ALL TIME award winning quotes that are a good idea of how stupid this guy is if you can't get this page up since it is on a windows server that crashed again.

and who wants to bet that the Mac Mini could kick ass at PhotoShop CS2 over that PC.

"When history is forgotten people don't realize when it repeats."

Going to Missouri S&T!!
tortoise

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys guys guys... you make us Mac users look bad Smile That review is a joke. I'm really surprised you didn't get that. Even Windows users can't actually be that stupid Smile

Here, check this quote out:

"For example, there is no Outlook Express for email, but Apple includes a program called Mail, which is like a stripped-down email client that can’t execute scripts or open attachments without user intervention."

He's making fun of the fact that Outlook Express is a security nightmare because it runs scripts and downloads attachments automatically. This is true, and this is why Outlook Express is horrid. I wouldn't launch OE if you paid me.
Din

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also of note, the quote

If you believe Apple’s marketing department, the new Mini is “smaller than most packs of gum” and weighs “less than four quarters”. Well, we received our test unit from Apple yesterday, and let me say right off the bat that those claims are a wee bit of an exaggeration. Far from being Trident-sized, the Mini actually measures about 6.5”x6.5”x2”, about the size of two wonderbread cheese sandwiches stacked on top of each other, or about 50 packs of Bubble Yum.

is Apple's description of the iPod Shuffle. This is humor. Take a step back.
splen

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHA! Wow this is so deadpan! It actually had me completely fooled until

"When I consider that a good deal of my time is spent running applications like Disk Defragmenter, Scandisk, Norton AV, Windows Update and Ad-Aware--none of which are available for the Mac platform--it doesn't make sense for me to "switch" to a Mac at this time."

Then I read it again and the light slowly dawned. I think I must have had an extra bowl of stupid for breakfast this morning! Razz
picaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one has been around for a while, but it was fun to read it again.

Smile

Jamie
jbstingray
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"uses a weird kind of display connector on the back"

It is called DVI you retard! The latest standard in digital technology for displays!

"Requires a special adapter if you want to plug it into a PC monitor."

A.K.A. a crappy monitor.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject: I know they like to kid Reply with quote

I just also love to take things way out of proportion as well, and make other people look like the idiot when they act out more than I did. I just hate it when it is online then you can't watch people over react and then deny it up and down.

"When history is forgotten people don't realize when it repeats."

Going to Missouri S&T!!
Kronos

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out this link: Even more hiliarity, http://www.divisiontwo.com/articles/utilityshootout.html

1.42GHz PPC G4 Mini OS X 10.4.6
80GB/512MB/ComboDrive
Online with Belkin F5D7050 ver 3000

600 MHz PPC G3 12" iBook OS X 10.4.6
20GB/384MB/ComboDrive
picaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronos wrote:
Check out this link: Even more hiliarity, http://www.divisiontwo.com/articles/utilityshootout.html

I like this guy's sense of humor--great link.

Smile

Jamie
warlock

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This gave it away as a blag to me..

In fact, it took our techs about fifteen minutes before we realized the unit itself was operating normally and it was the monitor that was not plugged in properly.

Hysterical! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: