123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"20 reasons mac mini will fail"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
threeshardvisage

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: "20 reasons mac mini will fail" Reply with quote

http://www.lowendmac.com/lite/05/0113.html

wow...

i have a response for this
1. I will buy a computer that doesn't come with a mouse and a keybaord. I already have both.
2. Real people use multi-button mice? What about people who dont mind pressing control+click?
3. I dont mind using my old CRT monitor.
4,5... no comment
6. Hey, I just so happen to have a mouse with a click wheel
7. What does this have to do with the mini?
8. Meh. Its a mac. Even with an intel processor, most people like the OS enough to not care too much about processing power.
9. Ha.
10. Ha.
and on and on and on

While I will admit that this is moderately funny, and that I don't really know much about this Lite guy.

Either way, I'm so sick of going to forums and trying to figure stuff out about my computer, and then realising that conversations about the mac mini end up turning into poo flinging contests between pc zombies and mac enthusiasts.

Every few years a PC user explains to me why apple is doomed. They seem to be doing alright. I like the mini, and admittedly, it is a mixed bag, but its a heck of a lot better than my sawtooth 400mhz tower. And it was within my price range.

I wouldn't switch to PC if somebody put a gun to my head. Well, maybe I would. They'd have to give me a free pc though.
-miles
warlock

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta be a p*ss take! Laughing
lgvelez

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Did you notice ... Reply with quote

that this article was written in January 2005, probably before the MM was being sold?

Personally, I think the MM is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I am of limited funds, and have always want to own a mac ... this is ideal!

Somewhere the guy who wrote that article has his head up his rear and at least one foot in his mouth!!

Laura in TX
..........?

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahahahahahahahahahaha
wow, the guy who wrote the article must live in a cave in a very old fashion part of the U.S. . Smile hahaha
ranger1021

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

20. Stupid thing still has no floppy drive.

Does anyone who does anything with a computer use a floppy drive anymore?
boxcar182

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I <3 my mini, and it is NOT a failure.
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: I emailed him Reply with quote

I use floppies, but only at school I have flash drives for home. Also I sent him an email with the word JACKASS stringed together about 80+ times incase he is too stupid to know how to read if he can't tell that a 1.25GHz PPC CPU without the lag of anti-virus software can still out perform a 2.8 GHZ Piece of shit 4 (P4). And wow now look at how right he was the Mac Mini sure is a piece of shit that just won't sell I must say it's not like it has its own user group sites or anything.

"When history is forgotten people don't realize when it repeats."

Going to Missouri S&T!!

Last edited by dungeon92 on Fri May 05, 2006 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
tortoise

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think mini users tend to lack senses of humors or are really thin skinned Smile
jbstingray
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apples are easily bruised, that is all I got to say.... Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
bibamus

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like this is a really good wind up.
That list seems to be composed of the stock answers PC users will recite to convince themselves that they dont need a proper computer and that MS produces good operating systems!

Now, where did I put that box of " I Love ( in the shape of a heart) My Mini" bumper stickers from 1973......

Allan
picaman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um...the article's heading is "The Lite Side."

"Lite"n up, everyone.

Razz

Jamie
ranger1021

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yah, I forgot about schools. I was forced to use floppies at school too.
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: fine I'll lighten up Reply with quote

Yeah it's fun to over react and not realy give a shit so yeah it's funny to then send an e-mail to mess around with them, if you put your e-mail address online you're not safe, but I like you guys. Also, don't ever send an e-mail in choppily translated German to an ambassador to the U.S. from Germany who is actually retired, but the CIA still has his e-mail on their site. Just an idea of the German portion I translated it back and it wasn't good at all. So, if you have e-mail addresses and mess with people do it in moderation, or you'll end up under federal watch for 3 monthes of anything you do online by the CIA.

P.S. I included an English version of my message, so I found times I had no monitoring and actually they block some viruses since they are tapped into your line and could chance a virus.

P.P.S. If anyone can get a highly destructive virus on CIA servers well then good job and if they start to investigate move out of the U.S.

Going to Missouri S&T!!
threeshardvisage

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tortoise wrote:
i think mini users tend to lack senses of humors or are really thin skinned Smile

i think many mac users are tired of being the persecuted minority... When i was trying to find information about unreal tournament, and why it was running at 8 fps... i found some forums that were supposedly about this topic, and the content was very irrelevant and undesierable

"mac mini's SUCK for games because they have a graphics core, which also sucks"
"sucky macs cant run sucky games because of their stupid lame ass crappy stupidness"
"macs are inferior in every way why not get a cheap low end pc for much less money?"

and then i found that article on why the mac mini would fail... so yeah, dispite the fact that this article is meant as a joke, i think too many people jump on the 'mac sucks' bandwagon, and not only dont really know what theyre talking about, but wont listen to peoples reasoning in justifying their own preferences and opinions...

the worst of it was this banter between a programmer and this other knowledgable person... the programmer was explaining how macs programming is slower and inferior in every way... and calling everybody who disagreed with him names... dispite the fact that the first response to his comment was 'liking macs isnt all about the hardware,' which pretty much diffused his argument anyway

anyways so yeah, mac, pc whatever... i dont see this polarization as a healthy thing, because competition is a good thing... if it was just macs we'd probably all hate them for being buggy and prone to spyware and such...

maybe one day people will understand that fondness relates directly to level of understanding... people who grow up with mac generally prefer macs... same thing with pcs...

so im done with my rant
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 2:29 am    Post subject: i disagree Reply with quote

the remark on preference depends if you game or not on PC me I used to play games a lot, but now I care more about web design, graphic design, poser images, photo editing, and programming. I don't mind an occasional game like Team Fortress Classic, Half-Life, Natural Selection, Total War series, and Empire Earth games where you either are playing an RTS or a team based online game. Also, since I started to listen to music a lot more I mostly use iTunes on my laptop or program (BASIC if I'm bored enough trying to do Java and UNIX is next on my todo list), go online, or play a game, I normally use our desktop for gaming online, photo editing (damn PhotoShop CS2 is complicated at first),and poser imaging (I suck ass at that). I'm switching to Mac since I just want to for their abilities and I love them even more since BootCamp (like going to church after Vatican 2 for some people).

Going to Missouri S&T!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: