123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Upgrading the Mini is......Anyone want a Combo drive ???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Upgrading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jacko500bmx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Upgrading the Mini is......Anyone want a Combo drive ??? Reply with quote

Hiya,

Ive been using macs for about three years now, also use pcs for 3d based work. I am a Graphic Designer and got a mini as soon as they were announced, its the best mac i've ever had!

I know some people on this forum are fine with modding their macs etc but some of the things ive read (not on this forum) are just plain silly, people saying you cant upgrade this or that.

I just want people to realise that just because apple says dont do it doesnt mean you cant, the mac mini is prob the easiest computer ive ever messed about with.

Ive put in a 7200rpm 60GB HDD and also fitted Airport and Bluetooth, today i ordered the Pioneer DVD writer and will be upgrading the ram when i get Final Cut on the go!, i took photos of a step by step of putting in the Airport kit and bluetooth if people would like it up on the forum let me know and ill post it.

Also ive got the Combo drive from the upgrade if anyone wants it 35 and 6 shipping Shocked

mail me and ill sort it out

blazer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What 7200rpm drive did you put in?
2.5GHz Core i5 Mac mini (2011)
24" Dell LCD & 42" Sharp TV
EyeTV 250 Plus
1G, 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G iPod nanos
16GB 3G iPhone
jacko500bmx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hitachi Travelstar, its a little bit louder than the standard but improved the mac no end, definatly worth doing with a 1GB stick aswell
blazer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notice any heating issues? I really want a faster drive "already have 1gb memory" but I've decided to pick up one of the new miniMates. I work a lot with photos and needed more space and will be able to transport it between work and home. Hopefully the next generation mini will come with something over 100GB with speeds of 5400RPM or more.
2.5GHz Core i5 Mac mini (2011)
24" Dell LCD & 42" Sharp TV
EyeTV 250 Plus
1G, 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G iPod nanos
16GB 3G iPhone
jacko500bmx

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No not at all you'd really have to push it to overheat the mini, the drive only runs fast when it needs to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini Upgrading All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: