123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mac mini Firmware Update 1.0.1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: Mac mini Firmware Update 1.0.1 Reply with quote

Mac mini Firmware Update 1.0.1
Wednesday April 19, 2006

Apple has released the Mac mini Firmware Update 1.0.1. This update is for Mac mini computers with Intel processors only, and is required before installing Apple's Boot Camp software. Firmware updates do not appear automatically in Software Update, so you must download them manually. Apple also offers the Firmware Restoration CD v 1.0, which can be used to restore the Mac mini's firmware back to its original factory condition.

To update the firmware on your Intel-based Mac mini:

1. Quit all other open applications.

2. Click Shut Down in the Mac mini Firmware Updater window and wait for your computer to shut down.

3. Press and hold the power button on your Mac mini until the power indicator light flashes repeatedly to begin the update.

A status bar indicates the progress of the update.

Important: Do not interrupt the update.

Your computer restarts automatically when the update is completed and opens the Mac mini Firmware Updater.

4. Click OK, if the firmware is now up-to-date.

If these instructions appear on your screen again, the firmware update was not successful. Repeat steps 2, 3 and 4.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/466.html
scooper
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish Apple would include a list of what improvements and changes are being made in these updates.
Weee
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scooper wrote:
I wish Apple would include a list of what improvements and changes are being made in these updates.

I know what you mean. A little information would be nice. If anything else, it might address a particular issue that some people are having. I am thinking on the lines of Airport reception, audio noise, and Boot Camp issues. Two of which I am having myself.
dasmoon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can I install this firmware update even though I have bootcamp loaded already? Or do I have to uninstall bootcamp, load the new firmware then install bootcamp again?
MacScout67

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dasmoon wrote:
can I install this firmware update even though I have bootcamp loaded already? Or do I have to uninstall bootcamp, load the new firmware then install bootcamp again?

You don't have to change or uninstall anything. I updated to 1.0.1 a few hours ago and have Windows installed with Boot Camp.
jthawke

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: User Opinions Reply with quote

This is a slightly off-topic question, but as this update is for intel minis only, I'd like to know what those users think of the new machines. I have a 1.25 G4 mini that I really like, but I've been looking to upgrade to these new models. I have a client who wants to buy my existing mini but I've been putting them off due to the airport/bluetooth problems people have been experiencing. As well, I'd like to see a 7200 rpm hard drive option and a more poweful graphics system, even if it's integrated. I notice that Colorware has a good hard drive option but as these would be custom machines, the airport issue needs to be resolved completely by Apple before I'd be willing to risk that.

Yeah, long post, but who out there is completely satisfied with the intel machine?
stpaulmini

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: Love my intel mini Reply with quote

I recently bought a duo core mini and love it. It replaces one of the original G4 dome imacs (which I still use for web browsing and email).
The intel mini works great. I recommend it to anyone looking for a mac....or a pc.
Incendentally, I manage a 500 workstation PC environment. I like PC's...but my home machine is a mac.
tc60045

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know if this fixes the VT (virtualization) "bug" in the BIOS?

Sure would love to get the speed boost from Parallels!!

TC
serpent
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone willing to decompile it to see what it does?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> 123Macmini.com News and Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: