123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

keyboard stops responding

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Alternative Operating Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blkhawk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: keyboard stops responding Reply with quote

I have an Intel mini that I have XP on using bootcamp. It is sharing a Keyboard, Mouse and monitor (digital) through a iogeaar GCS1762 digital KVM switch, with a G4 based mini. When I switch from the intel mini running XP to the G4 mini running OSX the keyboard works fine. If I then go back to the Intel Mini running XP the keyboard stops responding. I have tried unplgging the keyboard and plugging it back in and that does not fix it. I have to reboot XP to get any keyboard functionality. If I switch from the G4 mini to OSX on the intel mini the keyboard works fine. Does anyone have any ideas? Crying or Very sad

Thanks,
Hawk
zembu

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: Same problem with Gefen DVI KVM Reply with quote

EXACTLY the same problem. I start up the OSX mini, no problem. I switch to the other mac mini running XP; starts up and works like a champ. I switch back to OSX, great! I switch back to XP and NO USB. All the USB ports are dead and I have to restart. I am using a Logitech wireless kb and mouse but it's the same with a standard wired USB keyboard and mouse as well.
Gefen has no idea why this is happening. Sorry I can't do more than comiserate...
macminimuck

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, its a little bit different.

My Bluetooth keyboard works great on MacOS, of course, but even with the Apple drivers on XP, it won't work, even after messing with the settings.

Either of my USB keyboards, both my wireless and wired, work great on both, but when using them on MacOS, it takes OSX forever to shut down or restart.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Alternative Operating Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: