123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Time 3 hours ahead in XP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Alternative Operating Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scooper
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:12 am    Post subject: Time 3 hours ahead in XP Reply with quote

Anyway to correct this time thing? Resetting the time in XP won't hold after a reboot.
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: same problem Reply with quote

I have hat same problem on my Gateway PC and I can't get it fixed so if I get that problem on a PC then a Mac will have problems, but mine it 2 hours behind.

"When history is forgotten people don't realize when it repeats."

Going to Missouri S&T!!
Tenex
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have NEVER been able to connect to the Windows time server in all the years of having an XP PC... Mine's always wrong.
spoonman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Time 3 hours ahead in XP Reply with quote

scooper wrote:
Anyway to correct this time thing? Resetting the time in XP won't hold after a reboot.

This is a known bug with boot camp right now. I found it somewhere on one of the FAQs that were released shortly after boot camp. I have found that if I tell it to update a couple if times manually, it does finally update and set the time correctly. You can of course just set the time manually... Smile

Ah, the joys of beta software... I am sure it will get better as time goes on....
Combo optical drive
Airport Extreme/Bluetooth
External 16X DVD+R,-R (Sony DRU-810A) in an ADS FW enclosure
NewerTech MiniStack w/ Seagate 7200.8 250GB HD.
itzafact

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being new here I hope this isn't looked upon as spam, but some people on the Apple Boot Camp forum have recommended SocketWatch. It will automatically sync XP's clock when you log on. I hope Apple has this fixed by the time Leopard comes out. It's just one of those little annoyances that makes Boot Camp seem incomplete.

http://www.robomagic.com/swatch.htm
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: not just in Boot Camp Reply with quote

If you can't connect to a certain server it will happen, on my old Gateway Intel P4 1.4GHz (decent machine only had one fatal crash in 6 years witch needed a new HDD and then new RAM, but it was rambus so it was a pain) it would go for a week with the right time then change, but I fixed it with a download that uses a different server that is more reliable, but forgot it also it hapens in computers where XP wasn't preinstalled do to the fact that when it makes the first connection with the internet it find the right server and also dual partitioned HDDs can be a source of this problem, but I don't know how it would interfere unless it's two similar partitions (XP and ME or 98 works, but time is a pain in the ass).

"When history is forgotten people don't realize when it repeats."

Going to Missouri S&T!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Alternative Operating Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: