123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

gaming?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Alternative Operating Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: gaming? Reply with quote

Can I use my PC games on the Mac Mini with BootCamp these are very low requirement games and I would like to play Half-Life and Team Fortress Classic. The highest requirements of my games is Nexus: the Jupiter incident and it is already higher than the recommended except for CPU and GPU, but that is 660MHz above the minimum and only 40MHz below the recommended and the GPU with 128MB but the intel will work ok since I've seen this on an Intel laptop (mines an AMD laptop with a 32MB ATI EXPRESS 200m and I've gotten it to work on it) the sound card should work as long as it works with Windows.
For a while I'll use the internal for storage until I can get an external for my files (mainly iTunes and that's only 5GB right now) then I'll use the internal for booting and Windows.

"When history is forgotten people don't realize when it repeats."

Going to Missouri S&T!!
agruenebaum

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: You better believe it! Reply with quote

Lot's of questions. However, I am writing this from my Mac Book Pro (Core Duo 2 GHz, 2 GB RAM) on IE working on WindowsXP SP2. Well and I have to say, that MS Age of Mythology Gold Edition really works fine on that machine. Even compared to fast Pentium Processor equipped PCs with pontential fast AGP graphic cards, the Mac Book seems to be even faster. The look and feel is definetely much better as compared to any of my latest PCs (so called multimedia PCs dating 2005).

Why did I install Windows XP on my Mac Book?

1. I need to use MS Excel on Windows, since there are some problems with Macros on Microsoft Office 2004 running MacOS X Sad

2. There is one major application which I need in order to control my own business running on Windows exclusively so far.

3. I was curious if those games, my daughters like to play on PC-Window would run on the Intel Mac - and I must say YES- it works Smile

By the way, I don't care installing Windows on my MacMini in our living room, since Front Row combined with Elgato's EyeTV does everything we need for HD-TV and HD-Recording.

P.S. annd by the Way, forget Age of Mythology on Power Macs with MacOS X: it will crash frequently. Maybe Microsofts Mac devision just programmed that piece of hack in order to get switchers from Mac to Windows Wink
dungeon92
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

thanks now when I get my Mini I will get Boot Camp or if it takes that long I'll be using one with Leopard I'll stop using my laptop for my gaming since it is horrible at it and the games are on the way low end of the requirments scale except Nexus since it was out in 2004 as game that needed a pretty good PC to run well also is that a copy of XP Home or Pro and does the Mac care if the copy of Windows is illegal (Pro I can get from a friend and Home I have a CD from my laptop) because if I can I'll use Pro since its networking is so much better than the other versions of Windows, except server for obvious reasons.

"When history is forgotten people don't realize when it repeats."

Going to Missouri S&T!!
agruenebaum

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: WARNING Reply with quote

The "Mac" may care as much attention to the software you install as any other PC. However, the Men from MIB will definetely sneak into your house taking your MacMini apart into pieces if you consider to install illegal software copies of Windows Embarassed

By the way, I solely use legal copies of software and never had problems with the men in black. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Alternative Operating Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: