123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Startup Disk Problem in Windows & Wireless Keyboard Prob

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Alternative Operating Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dasmoon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Startup Disk Problem in Windows & Wireless Keyboard Prob Reply with quote

I got windows xp succefully installed in my Mini SOLO and it runs great, but I'm having a problem. When I start up Startup Disk in windows xp it does not show me any operating system to choose from. I know that I can start OSX by restarting the MINI and holding down the options key on the Apple keyboard. Problem is that I don't have an Apple Keyboard. I have a Wireless Logitech Internet Pro keyboard and mouse and when I do the reboot my wireless keyboard will not take the command to let me choose which OS i'd like to start with. Correct me If i'm wrong but the Option key on a windows key board is the Alt key. Well even if its not I've done the same think with the Control, Shift, Alt, Windows and the Space bar key and all of them will not work for me. Although I can get into OSX if I use a hard wired keyboard. I borrowed my wifes apple keyboard that is hard wired and it worked fine. I've had problem with this wireless keyboard in the past with just windows. I'd tried to get into Windows Safe mode by pressing down on F8 while it reboot and it would not take my command, but as soon as I attach a hardwire USB keyboard I had not problem.

I know most of my problem is my keyboard I understand that I I'm going to get a new wired keyboard for it. But the problem that gets me is the Startup Disk. I dosen't give me the option to choose an OS in Windows XP. I did not have that problem when I was in OSX it worked fine there.

Has anyone run into this problem and If so how have you fixed it? I'd tried reinstalling the Mac drivers. Windows let me uninstall them when it launched the Mac drivers a second time. I eventually reloaded them a second time and still nothing. At one point although I did see the Windows folder in Startup Disk in XP but then It went away. Not exactly sure why or how I did it. Still Wried.

Any Help will be appriceated.
LumbermanSVO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was having the same issue with the Gyration keyboard. ater much googling I read somewhere to hold down the Alt key for two seconds, release, hold, release and so on. It worked for me.
MacScout67

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LumbermanSVO wrote:
I was having the same issue with the Gyration keyboard. ater much googling I read somewhere to hold down the Alt key for two seconds, release, hold, release and so on. It worked for me.

Holding down the Alt key works for me. It seems like you need to press it and then let it go. Then when you hear the Mac startup sound hold it down again.
jbstingray
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, Alt is Option, Windows is Command, and Delete is Backspace.

Stanard Win to Mac conversion.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Alternative Operating Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: