123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

default wwindows?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Alternative Operating Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slvrbul8

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: default wwindows? Reply with quote

From what i understand about boot camp I thought that mac os was suppose to loads if I didnt do anything not windows?? is there away to fix that......
curt
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You select the default operating system in System Preferences > Startup Disk. In Windows, Startup Disk is in your Control Panel. You can also hold down the option key at startup and pick your OS.
Bobaloo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In your systems preferences Start-up disk, after you select your OSX disk as start-up disk, click on the lock to prevent other changes. It will start in OSX and if you want to start Windows, hold option key on start-up to select the Windows drive.
AppleTVII
16GB iPod Touch 32Gb iPhone
32GB Wi-Fi iPad
LumbermanSVO

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just did the Boot Camp install and had the same problem. When I opened the Startup Disk utility it didn't show any disks, I put the OS X install CD in and opened the Startup Disk utility again. It showed the OS X CD, I selected it and restarted the computer. When it started with the disk I poked around in the menus for a bit and found a startup disk utility there, changed it to OS X and rebooted. I worked.

John Boy

P.S. I made the switch two weeks ago.
slvrbul8

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When i told windows to load up in OS X from there on it loaded in OS X automaticly. Thanks for the info. now if i can just fix the directX issue.

LumbermanSVO wrote:
I just did the Boot Camp install and had the same problem. When I opened the Startup Disk utility it didn't show any disks, I put the OS X install CD in and opened the Startup Disk utility again. It showed the OS X CD, I selected it and restarted the computer. When it started with the disk I poked around in the menus for a bit and found a startup disk utility there, changed it to OS X and rebooted. I worked.

John Boy

P.S. I made the switch two weeks ago.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Alternative Operating Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: