123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Peripherals & the Mac mini Item 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> More News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charles
News Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Peripherals & the Mac mini Item 5 Reply with quote

Peripherals & the Mac mini Item 5
"The amazing Mac mini because of BYODKM and its famous headless state provides many opportunities.

In my search for small form roamable monitors I came across some very interesting 8" monitors that to me appeared to be another option for the Mac mini genre of iAppliances.

We may be able to connect the Mac mini to a range of excellent monitors from the retro like mine to the very slick Apple new 20" very high quality screens. But the Mac mini is a "low cost" solution for the rest of us and so we look around to what monitors, TV, keyboards and mice we have spare and to the low cost new solutions available to us."

http://dbatrium.blogspot.com/2005/04/peripherals-mac-mini-item-5.html
jaymenna78734

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: MAc 128 Reply with quote

Cool:

Now I can easily mount a mini in on original Mac (1984) case!
dbatrium

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject: Post subject: MAc 128 Reply with quote

Hi jaymenna78734,
If you do that can you let me know?
<http://www2.eis.net.au/%7Edbatrium/images/084DJB.JPG> My original idea before the Mac mini was to take my old shell and put new guts and garters, namely a new screen and have my old friend back again. A retro thought. Old faithful collapsed in 1994. Not bad service.
But I kinda think I prefer the new small form.
Its in a box in the strore room.
Regards
JJ Laughing
Texark

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.amug.org/amug-web/html/amug/reviews/articles/mini/dock/

cool!
dbatrium

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: MAc 128 Reply with quote

Hi Texark,
What a cool reference, Last night I did an article on docks for the mac mini with some ideas for future development.

Strangely I have an old Centris and just that model also in the store room with a couple of monitors.

The mods in the article you refer to are interesting and show the ingenuity of thinking differently with old gear as adjuncts to the Mac mini.

I had resisted throwing out the centris believe it or not, I had drawn up many buildings, the working drawings, on it quite effectively.

Not for rendering however but it still works and I had maxed its memory and put in a CD.

There is a great ingenuity of these techs in putting such items together and they show the direction for the posibility of a dock for the iHome iNode concept the beginnings of a real commercial posibility.

<http://dbatrium.blogspot.com/2005/04/peripherals-mac-mini-item-6.html> Peripherals & the Mac mini Item 6.

your refererence is very much appreciated. Today I am working on an article <iHome concepts & the Mac mini.>

Any other dock concepts I would be interested in.
Regards
JJ Laughing Very Happy
dbatrium

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: MAc 128 Reply with quote

Hi jaymenna78734
I am very interested in the server attributes of the Mac mini could you email me?
Regards
JJ Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> More News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: