123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wireless combo keyboards/mice
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini HTPC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lojo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:15 am    Post subject: Wireless combo keyboards/ mice Reply with quote

The picture on the Sony Bravia XBR is absolutely beautiful. I would venture to say flawless. My home theatre would not be the same without it and my Mac Mini. Yep, great minds.
Apple Wireless Keyboard and Mighty Mouse
Sony 32" LCD HDTV Monitor-Bravia
Apple iPod Hi Fi
LaCie mini HUB 500GB
Alias Node

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been looking into this as well. Here are a couple more candidates that I came across:

Interlink VP6210 http://biz.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=289735&CatId=537

BTC 9019URF (Systemax?) http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1956235&CatId=1482

Also, I emailed the Adesso guys to ask about Mac compatibility. They responded quickly. Here's their response:
Quote:
The WKB-4000US has not been thoroughly tested for MAC's. I have heard of
customers that have tried it anyway and it worked but you may experience
problems like the touchpad going out after a short time, or the keyboard
may work, but not the touchpad, the keyboard may stop responding...etc.
It is up to you, but I have also heard positive things about it to. Let
me know if you have any questions.

Andrew F. Lares Jr
Customer Service Manager/Tech Support
(909) 839-2929 x 113
Fax- (909) 839-2930
Adesso Inc.
160 Commerce Way
Walnut , Ca 91789
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dtsfanohio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alias Node wrote:
I've been looking into this as well. Here are a couple more candidates that I came across:

Interlink VP6210 http://biz.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=289735&CatId=537

BTC 9019URF (Systemax?) http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1956235&CatId=1482

Also, I emailed the Adesso guys to ask about Mac compatibility. They responded quickly. Here's their response:
Quote:
The WKB-4000US has not been thoroughly tested for MAC's. I have heard of
customers that have tried it anyway and it worked but you may experience
problems like the touchpad going out after a short time, or the keyboard
may work, but not the touchpad, the keyboard may stop responding...etc.
It is up to you, but I have also heard positive things about it to. Let
me know if you have any questions.

Andrew F. Lares Jr
Customer Service Manager/Tech Support
(909) 839-2929 x 113
Fax- (909) 839-2930
Adesso Inc.
160 Commerce Way
Walnut , Ca 91789

I use the Adesso 4000 on my mac mini and so far so good...
gemelos

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Wireless combo keyboards/mice Reply with quote

dhaupert wrote:

There is also a Microsoft Remote Keyboard for Windows Media Center http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000AOAAN8/104-8914700-2679125?v=glance&n=172282

This one looks sweet and has backlit keys for usage while watching a movie, but I've not read anywhere whether this works with Mac Minis.

Any thoughts or opinions between them? Thanks in advance!

Don't even try the MS Remote Keyboard.... it won't even install drivers on a Windows XP machine that isn't Media Center - forget about trying to get it to work with OSX.
Alias Node

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided on the Adesso WKB-4000US. Here's an update on how it's going so far.

1. The device is working well for the most part. As predicted by the Adesso support person, it did lock up on me once; I was unable to wake the Mini from Sleep mode using the Adesso. However, hitting the Menu button on the FrontRow remote woke the Mini, and the keyboard was again fully functional. This has only happened once so far. Typically, the Adesso wakes the Mini without problems.

2. The left Windows button is acting as a left Apple Option key, which is handy. I have not yet remapped any keys.

3. Stylistically, the Adesso's grey case is a nice match for the case on the Mini.

Overall, I'm happy with the purchase.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini HTPC All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: