123Macmini.com
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   GalleryPhoto Gallery   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wireless combo keyboards/mice
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini HTPC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhaupert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Wireless combo keyboards/mice Reply with quote

I've searched and read a number of threads here about wireless keyboards with built in mice. There seem to be a few solutions mentioned which people have liked:

Adesso 2.4 GHZ WIRELESS SLIMTOUCH TOUCHPAD KEYBOARD
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00083Y0YG/sr=8-2/qid=1144351293/ref=pd_bbs_2/104-8914700-2679125?%5Fencoding=UTF8

Belkin MediaPilot
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000791D82/sr=8-1/qid=1144352692/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-8914700-2679125?%5Fencoding=UTF8

I am trying to find the best solution for use on my new Mac Mini hooked to the HDTV in my family room. The MediaPilot gets good reviews and has recharging which sounds nice, but it also seems to have a very klunky base station. Not sure where I would have to put that big huge dock/base in my solution. Wondering if the dock is actually even needed- perhaps you can use it without it and use regular AAA batts?

The Adesso gets pretty good reviews as well, but to me looks like an old TI computer!

There is also a Microsoft Remote Keyboard for Windows Media Center http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000AOAAN8/104-8914700-2679125?v=glance&n=172282

This one looks sweet and has backlit keys for usage while watching a movie, but I've not read anywhere whether this works with Mac Minis.

Any thoughts or opinions between them? Thanks in advance!

Dave Haupert
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Logitech LX 501
Bandit Bill
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops missed the built in mouse option. Good luck.
dtsfanohio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Wireless combo keyboards/mice Reply with quote

dhaupert wrote:
I've searched and read a number of threads here about wireless keyboards with built in mice. There seem to be a few solutions mentioned which people have liked:

Adesso 2.4 GHZ WIRELESS SLIMTOUCH TOUCHPAD KEYBOARD
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00083Y0YG/sr=8-2/qid=1144351293/ref=pd_bbs_2/104-8914700-2679125?%5Fencoding=UTF8

Belkin MediaPilot
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000791D82/sr=8-1/qid=1144352692/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-8914700-2679125?%5Fencoding=UTF8

I am trying to find the best solution for use on my new Mac Mini hooked to the HDTV in my family room. The MediaPilot gets good reviews and has recharging which sounds nice, but it also seems to have a very klunky base station. Not sure where I would have to put that big huge dock/base in my solution. Wondering if the dock is actually even needed- perhaps you can use it without it and use regular AAA batts?

The Adesso gets pretty good reviews as well, but to me looks like an old TI computer!

There is also a Microsoft Remote Keyboard for Windows Media Center http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000AOAAN8/104-8914700-2679125?v=glance&n=172282

This one looks sweet and has backlit keys for usage while watching a movie, but I've not read anywhere whether this works with Mac Minis.

Any thoughts or opinions between them? Thanks in advance!

Dave,

I received the Adesso 4000 a few days ago. I like it so far... for $80, you cant beat it...if a better one comes down the line, I will consider it but the keyboard/trackpad combo is ideal for me.
dhaupert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI, I wound up buying a MediaPilot from Belkin because Amazon had it in stock and I wanted it before the weekend.

So far, so good. I really like the keyboard and don't mind the little x-box like joystick controller as the mouse. It doesn't seem to interfere with the wifi connection either, which is a big relief!

Thanks again for all your help.

Dave Haupert
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhaupert wrote:
FYI, I wound up buying a MediaPilot from Belkin because Amazon had it in stock and I wanted it before the weekend.

So far, so good. I really like the keyboard and don't mind the little x-box like joystick controller as the mouse. It doesn't seem to interfere with the wifi connection either, which is a big relief!

Thanks again for all your help.

I've had my MediaPilot ever since I've had my Mini. It did take some getting used to in the beginning. But sitting in my room (where my Mini is located) with no desk, it is just easier to use this without a separate mouse. Plus the range is pretty good, also being small and light helps. I also use it to control my TV and receiver as well. Sometimes my satellite, but rarely ever controlled.
To sum it up, I do like the keyboard, enough to buy a replacement and keep it in my closet. Just for that case if something happens my current MediaPilot.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Sony makes one with a built in touchpad, if that is any help. It has built in media buttons as well, and is pretty sleek.

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=VGPWKB1&Dept=computers&CategoryName=acc_Keyboards

It's pretty nice, and is RF for good range.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbstingray wrote:
I know Sony makes one with a built in touchpad, if that is any help. It has built in media buttons as well, and is pretty sleek.

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=VGPWKB1&Dept=computers&CategoryName=acc_Keyboards

It's pretty nice, and is RF for good range.

I don't think that comes with software for Mac OS X to customize the buttons. I'm sure it will work, but the Belkin MediaPilot comes with good software (for both XP and OS X) to customize the keyboard.

That is a nice looking keyboard though.

You can get the Belkin MediaPilot for near $75, do your searching, you can find it for that cheap.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's true, it is Windows only.... durn. But I bet the volume buttons/mute button will work, those are standard plug and play.

Going with the Sony trend, for Sony Style you have to pay the Sony upcharge.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbstingray wrote:
That's true, it is Windows only.... durn. But I bet the volume buttons/mute button will work, those are standard plug and play.

Going with the Sony trend, for Sony Style you have to pay the Sony upcharge.

Same can go for Apple.

I like some Sony products. I swear by Sony TVs, because I've never had any problems with any of them. While other family members buy other brands and usually have problems. Not to mention my TV screen looks better anyways.

The keyboard will work, it just won't be as functional as the Belkin one would.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I totally agree. The Bravia's are sooo nice....
Sony and Apple, I will always own both.
SOCOMRAIDER
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbstingray wrote:
Oh, I totally agree. The Bravia's are sooo nice....
Sony and Apple, I will always own both.

I like the XBR line of any Sony TV line.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an XBrite Display for my PC, same coating... it really enhances the look of stuff, so the move to a Cinema HD may make me sad for a minute, but the Apple logo and the sleek looks will help me heal... Laughing
lojo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Wireless keyboard and mice combo Reply with quote

I felt compelled to Amen the Sony Bravia and Apple combo comment. Awesome combination. See my signature.
Apple Wireless Keyboard and Mighty Mouse
Sony 32" LCD HDTV Monitor-Bravia
Apple iPod Hi Fi
LaCie mini HUB 500GB
jbstingray
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great minds think alike, huh? How does the res look on the Bravia, anyway? Is there a lot of distortion?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    123Macmini.com - Forums Forum Index -> Mac Mini HTPC All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: